Whsg info afternoon

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Morgan0210

Whsg info afternoon

Post by Morgan0210 »

Hi,
I wasn't able to get to the information meeting today, did anyone go if so any feedback please x
Morgan0210

Re: Whsg info afternoon

Post by Morgan0210 »

Anyone???
talea51

Post by talea51 »

I went to it but I didn't write down the numbers that he gave so you have to take everything I am going to say with a pinch of salt because I might have misremembered the numbers. :oops:

What Dr Hayman did say was that in the Southend/Westcliff area there are not enough in catchment children who have passed the 11+ to fill the places at both schools. I *think* he said that there are 120 OOC places between the two schools. So anyone in catchment with over 303 will definitely get a place.

He said that on offer day last year, the lowest score to get an offer was 338. He said that the lowest score offered at the school (WHSG) was an offer made at the end of August which was 329.8. Those figures I do remember! :lol:

I can't think of any other useful details that he gave.

Hope that helps!
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

Had been the info afternoon, it was a very good experience and well organised, we were showed around the school again by a very helpful and lovely girl, it was well worth the visit as we had missed the open evening session.

The headteacher spoke very well and was very relaxed and casual and was ready to answer most questions after the short speech in which he explained all about the CAF form and some of the key points he mentioned are as follows:
  • 1. 115 places are available for In priority area
    2. 39 places are usually available for out side priority
    3. 186 girls have passed from within the priority area, so remaining places could be filled up by OOC girls
    4. SIF is not need as this was supplied before the 11+ exam was taken
    5. He mentioned something like roughly 123 places were available for OOC (combined number of places from both SHSG and WHSG)
Hope this helps, I could have missed out some of the numbers or key points.. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now