Shoebury head teacher?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Morgan0210

Shoebury head teacher?

Post by Morgan0210 »

Hi there,
Just browsing the echo and saw Cecil jones head leaving this term and mr schofield from shoebury is taking over! Anyone else heard this? X
ToadMum

Re: Shoebury head teacher?

Post by ToadMum »

Haven't seen the Echo today, but this letter is on the Cecil website:

http://www.ceciljones.net/images/letter ... cember.pdf

Nothing on the Shoeburyness High School site that I can see, but if Mr Schofield is to be "Executive Head" at Cecil, then I would assume that could be combined with staying on as Head at Shoeburyness? Having been to open evenings at Shoeburyness, I can't really see him leaving in a hurry (may be completely wrong here, of course), whereas Pauline Harris was very much a "troubleshooter" and bound to move on sooner or later.

DD was at Cecil Jones for all but the last week of year 7 last year, and I have to say that she was very happy there and Mrs Harris certainly impressive.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Re: Shoebury head teacher?

Post by ToadMum »

Just found this in the Head's end of term letter on the Shoeburyness High School site:

I have written to all parents regarding a decision by Shoeburyness High School governors to give school-to-school support to another secondary school.

Presumably talking about Cecil Jones, unless Shoeburyness has plans to take over the planet, so to speak.

(One just hopes the Shoeburyness parents don't react as those at a certain Junior School our side of the Borough did when their Governors suggested supporting one of the Shoebury Primary schools a few months ago :roll: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now