Slowly going crazy!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bikkigirl

Re: Slowly going crazy!

Post by Bikkigirl »

Ha ha I have 2 DS also completely different no 1 always a battle over homework, piano practise (until I resorted to bribery and also took him to the grammar schools which made him understand what he was working for and really want to do well) Ds2 is so easy in comparison always does his homework diligently with no fuss and wants to get it out of the way. I thought maybe he had witnessed enough of the stress with Ds1 and decided it wasn't worth it ! Maybe it's just personality after all.... :D
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Hi Bikkigirl.. yes it must be just personality ! DS2 has had to start wearing glasses, has realised he now looks like his Daddy .. who got a 1st from Cambridge.. so has since decided to pull his finger out. Long may it last.
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

I think I'm only beginning to calm down now that I have made a decision and paid my Indie deposit! However I have bought a bottle of wine and put in the fridge to chill in good time for Sunday evening so I can join in.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Now you HAVE to tell us what your decision was !
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Yes come on SleeplessinHalstead - what was the final choice? :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

Oh yes, sorry! We picked Ipswich High School, DD2 made the final choice - loved the taster morning, DH really liked it, and despite the travel I was convinced after a 2nd visit and tour with the HT. The main reasons for the choice (from a parents point of view) were curriculum content/subject choices. We loved the focus on languages and science/technology for girls.
A hard choice, as all were great options. I am still wistfully dreaming of a waiting list place at CCHSG however.....
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

So who else keeps on checking the Essex Admissions site hoping that the offer is there, knowing that it won't be for another 34 hours :roll: I am going CRAZY!!!!
Saffery13

Post by Saffery13 »

I've done that too :roll:
Sundae21

Post by Sundae21 »

er... me too this morning :oops:
Crumble

Post by Crumble »

Ditto just now