Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:58 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm
Posts: 492
Hope we all get our first choices.
Remember our ds's have done so well to do these exams, these schools are so competitive and the exam results are just one day's snapshot. We must not lose track of what these 10 or 11 year olds have achieved no matter what the allocations bring tomorrow. With the support of all you wonderful parents your dd's and ds's will do well wherever they go.

Best of luck everyone. Fingers and toes crossed. Right time for bed, see you in 24 hours time.

AG

_________________
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 44
Anxious, jittery and on edge ... Still just over 24 hours to go !!!
Couldn't have got through this without this forum..
Good luck everyone,.. Good luck araucana girl...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:10 pm
Posts: 522
Fingers crossed for all of us! This has been a long and arduous journey but, as AG said, our kids have done wonderfully to even be in with a chance at these schools so let's not lose sight of that fact. They are after all still very young.

I am sure that they will all do very well no matter where they end up and as I said to my dd, the 11+ is not a reflection of who or what you are - it's just a hoop that you have to jump through in order to be have a chance to go to a school that you want to go to.

Good luck each and everyone! I have no doubt that I will be on here for most of today and tonight. I spent last night dreaming about not being quite able to see what school we'd been allocated. Very frustrating!

17 and half hours to go....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm
Posts: 492
talea51 wrote:
Fingers crossed for all of us! This has been a long and arduous journey but, as AG said, our kids have done wonderfully to even be in with a chance at these schools so let's not lose sight of that fact. They are after all still very young.

I am sure that they will all do very well no matter where they end up and as I said to my dd, the 11+ is not a reflection of who or what you are - it's just a hoop that you have to jump through in order to be have a chance to go to a school that you want to go to.

Good luck each and everyone! I have no doubt that I will be on here for most of today and tonight. I spent last night dreaming about not being quite able to see what school we'd been allocated. Very frustrating!

17 and half hours to go....

Think I will be on and off all day as well. Convinced myself I can only get wonderful news or possibilities tonight anyway. If is not CCHS at 12am then I won't know where dd is on the wl for another week so no devastating news tonight - I think I can just about cope :lol:

_________________
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:10 pm
Posts: 522
Araucana girl wrote:
Think I will be on and off all day as well. Convinced myself I can only get wonderful news or possibilities tonight anyway. If is not CCHS at 12am then I won't know where dd is on the wl for another week so no devastating news tonight - I think I can just about cope :lol:


That's the spirit Araucana girl, it's not over yet - not by a long shot. This is just another hurdle in our 11+ journey, and my goodness me, there've been a few of them!

I know someone whose daughter started at CCHS in the second week of term in Sept last year and I met a girl at the SHSG open evening in 2012 who was admitted as an in-year admission so there's always hope if we don't get it first time round!

I have just logged in to the LEA website in case it was on there already, it's not...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 am
Posts: 438
I'm thinking of you all and in truth you haven't been far from my thoughts over the last week or so.

I remember the rising waves of panic and nausea that made it hard to eat and the restlessness that meant I couldn't settle to any task for too long. I didn't want to be away from the computer for any great length of time, incase I saw that someone had magically got access to the early release of the allocations online :shock:

If you can find some distraction today, then please throw yourself into it headlong because it'll help you and your DC.

If you haven't already formulated a plan of how to tell your DC the news, then please go to a thread I'm about to start....

I'll be around at midnight - I'm not an admissions guru but I'll help all I can :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm
Posts: 19
A bit of humour and distraction- My list for today : )

Essex Website on bookmarked pages - check
Choc and wine- check
distraction via oscars red carpet event on tv -check
DD and hubby who don't want to know till morning as what will be will be - check
Paracetamol for impending headache as midnight looms- check
Email address kept spam free for email with secondary school to arrive at midnight- check
Scratching of head to think of anything else I can do but feeling utterly helpless- check

To all in the same boat may we keep afloat tonight , good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm
Posts: 492
Chocolate mousse made and put in small bowls - check
Monty Python on TV to distract me and a tonne of ironing to do - check
Dd and ds getting homework done - check
Visit to optitian planned for the afternoon to pick up glasses for dd - check
More ironing - check
Cook roast chicken for dinner - to be done
Drink wine
Eat chocolate
Drink more wine
Get nachos, guaquamole, salsa and sour cream for later
Drink more wine
Hover on forum
Bravely log on to admissions
Faint for whatever reason

_________________
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:54 am
Posts: 18
We did our application via post as we weren't able to do it online. I take it the offer letters will be sent out on Monday?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm
Posts: 492
The Eskimo wrote:
We did our application via post as we weren't able to do it online. I take it the offer letters will be sent out on Monday?

Yes offer letters will be sent Monday.

_________________
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016