Is this an appeal scenario?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hermanmunster

Re: Is this an appeal scenario?

Post by hermanmunster »

definitely get on the phone!

good luck and hopefully you will get some news soon.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

I hope you get an answer today because that is a good score and should have gotten an OOC place for either Westcliff or Southend. I'd call the schools as well maybe...

Good luck!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Any further forward this morning?
BaffledMum

Post by BaffledMum »

I thank all of you for your encouraging words. Waltham Forest admitted that they had not imported the electronic files sent by Southend which stated that my DS should get a place. They said this was probably due to the fact that Southend is not part of the PAN London Admission Authorities however they aknowledged that that is not an excuse.

Southend Admissions were really helpful and my DS has now been offered a place at SHSB (phew!) We should get a postal offer tomorrow :D :D :D ? As CRGS is our first choice we will also see where we are on that waiting list next week before we start house hunting.
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

BaffledMum wrote:I thank all of you for your encouraging words. Waltham Forest admitted that they had not imported the electronic files sent by Southend which stated that my DS should get a place. They said this was probably due to the fact that Southend is not part of the PAN London Admission Authorities however they aknowledged that that is not an excuse.

Southend Admissions were really helpful and my DS has now been offered a place at SHSB (phew!) We should get a postal offer tomorrow :D :D :D ? As CRGS is our first choice we will also see where we are on that waiting list next week before we start house hunting.
What a nightmare for you ! So pleased your son has been offered a place now though! Good luck house hunting x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

that's great news - am glad it sorted out quickly this morning and good luck with the house hunting (and waiting list :wink: )
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Excellent news, Baffledmum. Such a good job you checked!
BaffledMum

Post by BaffledMum »

These forums are a font of knowledge and I am glad I raised my query yesterday :D
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

There have been a number of worrying errors in our local area- one for an in area child and one for an out of area. Its concerning as some parents may not challenge an unexpected result!
KB

Post by KB »

Great news - and hopefully it will mean that they check for any other errors.
In this case it would have come to light because the school would have the child as having received an offer of an place. Even more worrying was the case ( last year?) where an offer wasn't made despite the score being sufficiently high in the order.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now