How are the Y5's doing with 6 months to go!?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manana

How are the Y5's doing with 6 months to go!?

Post by Manana »

I'm back in the swing of things now again with DD, having DIYed with DS (now at grammar). Things are obviously quite different now, without endless drilling in speedy VR techniques for 50 minute papers, but more focus elsewhere.

How is everyone else doing? We're finding the continuous writing 'interesting'-it's quite hard to write vivid and interesting things about essentially quite boring things with no planning time!
pushymother

Re: How are the Y5's doing with 6 months to go!?

Post by pushymother »

Manana wrote:I'm back in the swing of things now again with DD, having DIYed with DS (now at grammar). Things are obviously quite different now, without endless drilling in speedy VR techniques for 50 minute papers, but more focus elsewhere.

How is everyone else doing? We're finding the continuous writing 'interesting'-it's quite hard to write vivid and interesting things about essentially quite boring things with no planning time!
I am trying to figure how much work/play we will do over the Easter Holidays.......

It is our first shot at the 11+ will have to go through it again with younger sibling. I wonder how much the test will be change in a couple of years :?
Crusoe

Post by Crusoe »

Joining in the queue with all of you.

DD is doing great and calling me that I'm a worry cat and fusspot. Never thought about this 11+ process earlier and this makes me feel tired and takes my whole concentration.

We are going to begin our race from this Easter holidays. Like pushymother said, I don't know how much work/play we are going to do for next couple of weeks.

My DD gets quite bored to do any sort of 11+ practice but she is excited about getting into CCHS. She is very mature and is hard for me to do bribery... It's never going to work out for me....So, finding ways to make this whole journey pleasant and peaceful for both of us.

Anyone's DD is sitting for CCHS this year?

Not sure about the available practice materials and papers for CEM style. Can anyone from 2014 entry guide us please..

Thanks,
Crusoe.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

My DD is doing 11+ and CCHS entrance exam this year. You can get CEM papers from Amazon.