This is the week!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Karen

Post by Karen »

Anonymous wrote:It is so good to hear that it is poss to get into the grammars without having had lots of tutoring, & having been at an ordinary state primary school. I really do hope that those who merit the places are the ones who gain them this week.
Well said.

Essex Mum, thanks for your wise words of encouragement, too.

Can I hear the distant hum of address labels being printed and computers warming up.......?!

Post by Guest »

Hi Essex mum and and others. My daughter has surprised me by announcing 'only 2 more sleeps to go'. I have tried so hard to keep it low key and then her teacher anounced that the email will come out just past midnight on the first! I then had to show daughter the essex website info about email timing for fear that she would be awake at midnight insisting i log on, not sure of my password now anyway! Goodluck to everyone.
poppet

Post by poppet »

I spoke with admissions yesterday and was informed that the emails [for those who made an on-line application] will be sent out shortly after 3pm on the 1st.
Hope this is useful
Good luck everyone
Karen

Post by Karen »

poppet wrote:I spoke with admissions yesterday and was informed that the emails [for those who made an on-line application] will be sent out shortly after 3pm on the 1st.
Hope this is useful
Good luck everyone
That's very useful. Thanks, poppet. I have to leave for work at 5.00 p.m. and didn't want to go if we had not received the email by then. In fact, have warned the office that I may be late tomorrow evening! :)
K
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

poppet wrote:I spoke with admissions yesterday and was informed that the emails [for those who made an on-line application] will be sent out shortly after 3pm on the 1st.
Thanks Poppet - that's helpful. I have a meeting in Watford tomorrow afternoon, but hopefully will be back just after 3.30. I have just set up my mobile phone to be able to pick up e-mails on this account and tomorrow will change the automatic settings on it to check every 5 minutes! (How sad am I!)

Agreed with my wife last night that she and I will look at the e-mail together before inviting my son in to read it - at least we'll be able to prepare ourselves so we don't look too disappointed if, as suspected, he hasn't made one of the grammar schools.
Guest29

Post by Guest29 »

can I ask Poppet - was it Southend admissions or Essex you spoke to? In any event, not much longer now, good luck everyone *** ps please keep posting after the event it will be interesting to hear how you all got on.

Post by Guest »

guest 63 on the other page" who opens the letter" is stating 5 pm!! from lea
Karen

Post by Karen »

Shrimpergarry wrote: Agreed with my wife last night that she and I will look at the e-mail together before inviting my son in to read it - at least we'll be able to prepare ourselves so we don't look too disappointed if, as suspected, he hasn't made one of the grammar schools.
I hope it's good news Shrimpergarry!
:)
K
poppet

Post by poppet »

To Guest 29 - sorry but am new to this site and not quite sure how to reply direct to your question. It was Essex admissions that I spoke to regarding the email time.
poppet

Post by poppet »

Guest29 wrote:can I ask Poppet - was it Southend admissions or Essex you spoke to? In any event, not much longer now, good luck everyone *** ps please keep posting after the event it will be interesting to hear how you all got on.

Ah ha ... I think I have just worked it out! ha ha
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now