CEM materials

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Araucana girl

Re: CEM materials

Post by Araucana girl »

Vocab is known to be hard in CEM exams, they just have to do as much as they can and not let it phase them.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
gameon

Post by gameon »

My DS found the vocabulary extremely difficult. The second paper from the same pack haven't got much vocab in it, so he did them with ease. At this stage, the more words they come across the more familiar they will get.

In my house, we lost the happiness of reading together. Before it is for fun, now it is mainly focused on finding the vocabulary then adding them to the vocab list :( who would like to read with me ????)

I am dare to touch the second pack :
AQM1

Post by AQM1 »

Has anyone tried the FPP comprehensions? I am thinking of buying it for my DD. Just wondering if it's worth getting!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

In my house, we lost the happiness of reading together. Before it is for fun, now it is mainly focused on finding the vocabulary then adding them to the vocab list :( who would like to read with me ????)
Gameon, the lovely forumites on epe helped me out with this, here is the thread:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... terrupting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought the little post it notes and he markers the words, then goes back to do the vocab, and quite recently the dictionary ruler, which he adores and uses if he feels the need in order to "get it".

Good luck, I can happily say we also have one pure snuggly read a week, using a relatively simple book that he will also read in bed and update me on. The latest snuggly book was " the third elephant" which I snuck out of his bed to read by myself as it was so lovely, even if it was simple...He is only 9 and I don't exactly buy some of my sad rags for the vocab. :lol:
gameon

Post by gameon »

Thanks for giving the link to that thread. Post note sounds indeed good... he loves Paper Chase shop and I am sure we can find a small colorful notes for him.