Less than 20 weeks to go-eek!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manana

Less than 20 weeks to go-eek!

Post by Manana »

I felt far more organised with DS1!

We are DIYing and obviously it's not anything like before which is tricky (CSSE papers). With DS, he was great at maths and when he got something wrong, you could show him and he'd just get it; it's not proving quite so simple this time round! With him-I worked quite a lot on VR speed and technique and also punctuating sentences/correcting spellings as that was quite a large part of the English marks, but not any more! We've been doing continuous writing practice and that is improving but it's hard to know what else to really target!

How's everyone else doing?
pinkrabbit38

Re: Less than 20 weeks to go-eek!

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Stressing!

I have a daughter taking the CCHS test and CSSE 11+ and I am tutoring a girl at the moment who is nowhere near ready!

So big stressy pants at the mo!
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

StephiB wrote:Stressing!

I have a daughter taking the CCHS test and CSSE 11+

So big stressy pants at the mo!
same here :roll:
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

We're busy doing all the Bond books for maths. My DS is getting really good at the 10-11 maths but i'm not sure if it's the 10-11 or the 11-12 he needs to be scoring well at. The English is harder to prepare for and he hates to do that.
optimisticmom

Post by optimisticmom »

Yes Manana! I kind of identify with it being smooth the first time around but having to repeat myself, the second time around quite alot! It just shows how different two kids can be. Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I think.....hmmmm, should we be doing this? but for the most part we crack on as hearing from a lot of moms, we're all in similar boats.

Keep going ya'll as less than 20 weeks to go is still longer than less than 10! I've suddenly got the shivers!

Optimisticmom
Manana

Post by Manana »

17 weeks-I really must stop torturing myself by counting!!