options for travel to SHSG from Thurrock

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Danniburke

options for travel to SHSG from Thurrock

Post by Danniburke »

Hi All, I wonder if anyone can shed any light for me? I've been trying to find easiest travel options for my DD for SHSG from South Ockendon area. She is due to sit 11+ in September, and the open evening for SHSG is next week so didn't want to waste time going to it if travel will be a problem.

Anyone know of best travel options at all? I know she can get a train from Upminster (my husband could drop her there on the way to work) to Southend East but I am concerned about the 20 minute walk to and from the station every day.

I would ideally like school bus that can drop & pick up from school, but cannot seem to find any from my area (or even anywhere near)

Thanks in advance
ToadMum

Re: options for travel to SHSG from Thurrock

Post by ToadMum »

It's not a 20 minute walk unless she dawdles or decides to go to the shops on the way! Hordes of SHSG pupils use Southend East - our two included. The train ours get arrives at 08.09 - they get on at Chalkwell and I've no idea whether it's a mainline or loop train, but they get to school in plenty of time.
Last edited by ToadMum on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Danniburke

Re: options for travel to SHSG from Thurrock

Post by Danniburke »

Thanks for your reply, I suppose best thing is to do a trial run and see how we both feel about it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now