Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 am 

Please could someone advise me how I go about buying a term ticket train for my Daughter - no one seems to be very helpful when I call. I am using the number 0345 600 7245. She is travelling from Billericay to Southend Vic and I was told if I buy an advance termed one I get a discount!! Please help!!! Many thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 pm 

Munchkin70 wrote:
Please could someone advise me how I go about buying a term ticket train for my Daughter - no one seems to be very helpful when I call. I am using the number 0345 600 7245. She is travelling from Billericay to Southend Vic and I was told if I buy an advance termed one I get a discount!! Please help!!! Many thanks

Sorry don't know about train tickets but have you considered her getting the school bus?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:50 pm 

You want Option 3 on that number and ask for a Scholars' Season Ticket - alternatively, do it online at http://www.greenrailtravel.co.uk. I bought our tickets - Chalkwell to Southend East for DS1 and DD - online last year but initially this year c2c routes were not on the site so I had to phone and it was all sorted out very quickly.

BTW it is more economical overall to buy a whole academic year ticket if you can stand the upfront cost.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm 

I've just got my scholars ticket from the website mentioned above. Greenrailtravel.co.uk
Very efficient and quick service. Ticket arrived next day.

One top tip is that you have to get your junior rail card first. Just a case of going to any station ticket office with a passport sized photo and proof of age (I took a passport). You will need this rail card reference number before the rail ticket transaction can go through. There is no charge for this rail card.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:19 pm 

Sundae21 wrote:
One top tip is that you have to get your junior rail card first. Just a case of going to any station ticket office with a passport sized photo and proof of age (I took a passport). You will need this rail card reference number before the rail ticket transaction can go through. There is no charge for this rail card.

Oops, sorry, forgot this bit :oops: - ours already had photocards.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:41 am 

Thank you so much everyone tickets have been received!!!! Thank you for your help I was beginning to despair!!! I will know what I am doing when my next daughter does all this..thanks again :D