Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:44 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm
Posts: 710
Feeling like we need more time here!

What are all the DIYers doing in the last 2 weeks?

We are still trying to improve the creative writing and going through some exam technique tips-the ones that I'd only got sorted by the time I'd done my finals ;) She haven't done the 2011 Maths paper yet-will do that tomorrow and we might have a look at Captain Corelli's Mandolin as I've been putting that off!

Have you done much in the way of NVR? We've done bits and pieces but not loads. Was it just the dice question on the familiarisation paper that's NV?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm
Posts: 371
Manana wrote:
Feeling like we need more time here!

What are all the DIYers doing in the last 2 weeks?

We are still trying to improve the creative writing and going through some exam technique tips-the ones that I'd only got sorted by the time I'd done my finals ;) She haven't done the 2011 Maths paper yet-will do that tomorrow and we might have a look at Captain Corelli's Mandolin as I've been putting that off!

Have you done much in the way of NVR? We've done bits and pieces but not loads. Was it just the dice question on the familiarisation paper that's NV?


We've only got 5 days until the CCHS exam!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm
Posts: 710
StephiB wrote:
Manana wrote:
Feeling like we need more time here!

What are all the DIYers doing in the last 2 weeks?

We are still trying to improve the creative writing and going through some exam technique tips-the ones that I'd only got sorted by the time I'd done my finals ;) She haven't done the 2011 Maths paper yet-will do that tomorrow and we might have a look at Captain Corelli's Mandolin as I've been putting that off!

Have you done much in the way of NVR? We've done bits and pieces but not loads. Was it just the dice question on the familiarisation paper that's NV?


We've only got 5 days until the CCHS exam!!


Arghh!! Are you doing both? When do the CCHS results come out?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm
Posts: 371
Manana wrote:
StephiB wrote:
Manana wrote:
Feeling like we need more time here!

What are all the DIYers doing in the last 2 weeks?

We are still trying to improve the creative writing and going through some exam technique tips-the ones that I'd only got sorted by the time I'd done my finals ;) She haven't done the 2011 Maths paper yet-will do that tomorrow and we might have a look at Captain Corelli's Mandolin as I've been putting that off!

Have you done much in the way of NVR? We've done bits and pieces but not loads. Was it just the dice question on the familiarisation paper that's NV?


We've only got 5 days until the CCHS exam!!


Arghh!! Are you doing both? When do the CCHS results come out?


Yes both, I think the results are a few days after 11+ results


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm
Posts: 710
We've only got 5 days until the CCHS exam!![/quote]

Arghh!! Are you doing both? When do the CCHS results come out?[/quote]

Yes both, I think the results are a few days after 11+ results[/quote]

All the best for Saturday :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm
Posts: 710
And now it's only 6 days!! Time appears to be disappearing as fast as a speeding train. If dd were in a better mood, I would tell her I've just written a simile. I expect she would roll her eyes at me and stomp off in a huff though!

She's had enough. I've had enough. She's making silly mistakes and I'm eating too much cake trying to cope and not show how hysterical I feel!!


Anyone else feeling like they're going slowly insane?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:46 am
Posts: 425
Yes completely. I have put on at least one stone over the summer holidays! :oops: Am eating my way through the pressure. Part of me wants it over quickly now, but the other part wants more time to cram in more vocab. It will soon be over though. And we can have our little babies back to what they should be - our little babies.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 244
Location: Essex
TP123 wrote:
Yes completely. I have put on at least one stone over the summer holidays! :oops: Am eating my way through the pressure. Part of me wants it over quickly now, but the other part wants more time to cram in more vocab. It will soon be over though. And we can have our little babies back to what they should be - our little babies.


I wish I only put on one stone :cry:

I feel worse after the CCHS experience yesterday. I can't get the sobbing girl out of my mind. When I say sobbing, I mean sobbing in the queue to register and came out crying at the end. I am relieved my DD did not notice.

I am not looking forward to going through it all again on Saturday. I want it over!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm
Posts: 710
pushymother wrote:
TP123 wrote:
Yes completely. I have put on at least one stone over the summer holidays! :oops: Am eating my way through the pressure. Part of me wants it over quickly now, but the other part wants more time to cram in more vocab. It will soon be over though. And we can have our little babies back to what they should be - our little babies.


I wish I only put on one stone :cry:

I feel worse after the CCHS experience yesterday. I can't get the sobbing girl out of my mind. When I say sobbing, I mean sobbing in the queue to register and came out crying at the end. I am relieved my DD did not notice.

I am not looking forward to going through it all again on Saturday. I want it over!!


Oh no, that made me feel really sad :( I am dreading Saturday-I hope there's not much sobbing where dd takes it. It might be me sobbing, to be quite honest! I think she is just eager to get it over and done with.

Goodness knows what I am going to do with myself for the morning!!?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:44 pm
Posts: 125
A girl in my DD's exam room broke down towards the end of the exam. DD was very worried about her. It really is a reminder that they are all very little still.
I'm hoping that CSSE is a bit calmer, for all their sakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016