12 Days to go-how can that be!?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manana

12 Days to go-how can that be!?

Post by Manana »

Feeling like we need more time here!

What are all the DIYers doing in the last 2 weeks?

We are still trying to improve the creative writing and going through some exam technique tips-the ones that I'd only got sorted by the time I'd done my finals ;) She haven't done the 2011 Maths paper yet-will do that tomorrow and we might have a look at Captain Corelli's Mandolin as I've been putting that off!

Have you done much in the way of NVR? We've done bits and pieces but not loads. Was it just the dice question on the familiarisation paper that's NV?
pinkrabbit38

Re: 12 Days to go-how can that be!?

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Manana wrote:Feeling like we need more time here!

We are still trying to improve the creative writing and going through some exam technique tips-the ones that I'd only got sorted by the time I'd done my finals ;) She haven't done the 2011 Maths paper yet-will do that tomorrow and we might have a look at Captain Corelli's Mandolin as I've been putting that off!

Have you done much in the way of NVR? We've done bits and pieces but not loads. Was it just the dice question on the familiarisation paper that's NV?
We've only got 5 days until the CCHS exam!!
Manana

Post by Manana »

StephiB wrote:

Arghh!! Are you doing both? When do the CCHS results come out?
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Manana wrote:
StephiB wrote:

Arghh!! Are you doing both? When do the CCHS results come out?
Yes both, I think the results are a few days after 11+ results
Manana

Post by Manana »

We've only got 5 days until the CCHS exam!![/quote]

Arghh!! Are you doing both? When do the CCHS results come out?[/quote]

Yes both, I think the results are a few days after 11+ results[/quote]

All the best for Saturday :)
Manana

Post by Manana »

And now it's only 6 days!! Time appears to be disappearing as fast as a speeding train. If dd were in a better mood, I would tell her I've just written a simile. I expect she would roll her eyes at me and stomp off in a huff though!

She's had enough. I've had enough. She's making silly mistakes and I'm eating too much cake trying to cope and not show how hysterical I feel!!

Anyone else feeling like they're going slowly insane?!
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Yes completely. I have put on at least one stone over the summer holidays! :oops: Am eating my way through the pressure. Part of me wants it over quickly now, but the other part wants more time to cram in more vocab. It will soon be over though. And we can have our little babies back to what they should be - our little babies.
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

TP123 wrote:Yes completely. I have put on at least one stone over the summer holidays! :oops: Am eating my way through the pressure. Part of me wants it over quickly now, but the other part wants more time to cram in more vocab. It will soon be over though. And we can have our little babies back to what they should be - our little babies.
I wish I only put on one stone :cry:

I feel worse after the CCHS experience yesterday. I can't get the sobbing girl out of my mind. When I say sobbing, I mean sobbing in the queue to register and came out crying at the end. I am relieved my DD did not notice.

I am not looking forward to going through it all again on Saturday. I want it over!!
Manana

Post by Manana »

pushymother wrote:
TP123 wrote:Yes completely. I have put on at least one stone over the summer holidays! :oops: Am eating my way through the pressure. Part of me wants it over quickly now, but the other part wants more time to cram in more vocab. It will soon be over though. And we can have our little babies back to what they should be - our little babies.
I wish I only put on one stone :cry:

I feel worse after the CCHS experience yesterday. I can't get the sobbing girl out of my mind. When I say sobbing, I mean sobbing in the queue to register and came out crying at the end. I am relieved my DD did not notice.

I am not looking forward to going through it all again on Saturday. I want it over!!
Oh no, that made me feel really sad :( I am dreading Saturday-I hope there's not much sobbing where dd takes it. It might be me sobbing, to be quite honest! I think she is just eager to get it over and done with.

Goodness knows what I am going to do with myself for the morning!!?
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

A girl in my DD's exam room broke down towards the end of the exam. DD was very worried about her. It really is a reminder that they are all very little still.
I'm hoping that CSSE is a bit calmer, for all their sakes.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now