Results Day. Is it the 10th, 11th or 12th?? 9am? midnight?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manana

Re: Results Day. Is it the 10th, 11th or 12th?? 9am? midnigh

Post by Manana »

Nikkibeak wrote:I've a funny feeling it won't be until midday on Saturday. That way the majority of people will have received them by post and those that haven't can log in to find out. Less people would need to log in so it won't crash.

So the best plan is to stay up til about 2am on the Fri night checking the site and then get up at 7am and sit on the door mat while checking the site on a laptop lol.

Right, that's a plan. I might even sleep in the porch ;)
Oops-I'vedoneitagain

Post by Oops-I'vedoneitagain »

Ok- I bit the bullet and asked admin at CSSE. They are unable to confirm the time at present, but it won't be before 9am on Saturday morning. The website will be updated before the results are posted. So- a couple of glasses of vino and a good night's sleep then!! :D
Manana

Post by Manana »

Oops-I'vedoneitagain wrote:Ok- I bit the bullet and asked admin at CSSE. They are unable to confirm the time at present, but it won't be before 9am on Saturday morning. The website will be updated before the results are posted. So- a couple of glasses of vino and a good night's sleep then!! :D

Oh, that's good to hear. Thank you so much for asking!!
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Oops-I'vedoneitagain wrote:Ok- I bit the bullet and asked admin at CSSE. They are unable to confirm the time at present, but it won't be before 9am on Saturday morning. The website will be updated before the results are posted. So- a couple of glasses of vino and a good night's sleep then!! :D
Thanks for that.
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

But, that doesn't make sense, does it? If the results are posted on Friday, then the website won't be updated before the results are posted if the website is updated after 9am on Saturday?

(Thanks for asking though.)

:shock:
Manana

Post by Manana »

Mrs Sinatra wrote:But, that doesn't make sense, does it? If the results are posted on Friday, then the website won't be updated before the results are posted if the website is updated after 9am on Saturday?

(Thanks for asking though.)

:shock:
I presumed the CSSE meant that the website will be updated with further details, eg a message saying 'Please check online from 9am Saturday for your child's results' will appear in a week or two.
loopsngeorge

Post by loopsngeorge »

Do you think the results will tell us much though this year? As i understand it, you normally get an indication of whether your score would have gained you a place last year. Thinking about it, as the format has changed and there may well be lots of children scoring very highly (unfortunately not sure my DS is going to be one of those :D ) last year's cut offs might not turn out to be a good indication.....And March is such a long way off to know for sure!
We're enjoying such a nice relaxed week this week after last Saturday - hope you all are too!
Oops-I'vedoneitagain

Ok- sorry- my fingers are too fat to copy that part of the e-mail, but it says 'the website will be updated prior to the results being posted'.

And yes, I suppose the results won't be as helpful as they were last year. Ho hum- Que Sera Sera.
Oops-I'vedoneitagain

Ah- see the confusion- posted Royal Mail on Friday morning; posted online after 9am on Saturday with a message on the CSSE website to inform us of the online posting.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

loopsngeorge wrote:Do you think the results will tell us much though this year? As i understand it, you normally get an indication of whether your score would have gained you a place last year. Thinking about it, as the format has changed and there may well be lots of children scoring very highly (unfortunately not sure my DS is going to be one of those :D ) last year's cut offs might not turn out to be a good indication.....And March is such a long way off to know for sure!
We're enjoying such a nice relaxed week this week after last Saturday - hope you all are too!
I don't think there will be lots of children scoring highly....why would there be?