Results Day. Is it the 10th, 11th or 12th?? 9am? midnight?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mrs Sinatra

Re: Results Day. Is it the 10th, 11th or 12th?? 9am? midnigh

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

I need to find me a clever child to explain all this to me. :shock:
Manana

Post by Manana »

pushymother wrote:
Nikkibeak wrote:
Manana wrote:I reckon we'll get a score, eg 334 (or potentially 302.9 in my DD's case, by the post-mortem of questions I've been discussing :lol: ) and the marks for each test, eg 33/60 English and 41/60 Maths. I think they'll then give you a chart like they have done two years ago (did they do that last year, too?) saying if you got 303+ you'll get a place at SHSG etc

I think they'll cleverly standardise it to make the same number of people get the same standardised score so it'll mean the same as in previous years. If that makes sense. I'm not even sure it makes sense to me :lol:
I hope so because if only having the 2 papers brings the scores down to 202 etc i'll never be able to figure out how we've done :lol:
Oh no I never thought the score would change from 303, but maybe your right....like CCHS being scores in the early 100's.....
Oh no-I can't cope with that!!
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

I recall our headmaster saying the score/pass mark will still be 303. I could be completely wrong as the 11+ has frazzled my brain!
Manana

Post by Manana »

MacPac wrote:I recall our headmaster saying the score/pass mark will still be 303. I could be completely wrong as the 11+ has frazzled my brain!

Our head said too. Mind you, we were also told at the same meeting that you had to sit your 11+ in the school you wanted to put first on your list!
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Manana wrote:
MacPac wrote:I recall our headmaster saying the score/pass mark will still be 303. I could be completely wrong as the 11+ has frazzled my brain!

Our head said too. Mind you, we were also told at the same meeting that you had to sit your 11+ in the school you wanted to put first on your list!
How would they know which school you were putting 1st. I'm one of the awkward ones that didn't. My DS sat at CRGS because that's where his friends from his tutor group were doing it but his 1st choice of school is KEGS because he's too scared of getting a school and I work in Chelmsford so I can be his personal taxi service :roll:
Manana

Post by Manana »

Nikkibeak wrote:
Manana wrote:

How would they know which school you were putting 1st. I'm one of the awkward ones that didn't. My DS sat at CRGS because that's where his friends from his tutor group were doing it but his 1st choice of school is KEGS because he's too scared of getting a school and I work in Chelmsford so I can be his personal taxi service :roll:
Exactly-they can't know as we haven't filled the forms in yet!

Our head has never let little things like facts get in the way of one of her speeches though!
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Manana wrote:

Our head has never let little things like facts get in the way of one of her speeches though!
:lol: :lol:
nssdesikan

Post by nssdesikan »

Mrs Sinatra wrote:But, that doesn't make sense, does it? If the results are posted on Friday, then the website won't be updated before the results are posted if the website is updated after 9am on Saturday?

(Thanks for asking though.)

:shock:
Just spoke to CSSE, the look-up for the results(online) will be available from 9am ish on the 11th Oct'14. The historical guidance information for 2015 will also be available at that time. We can use the same credentials, that we have used to apply online for the exam, to log-in to see the result online.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you want some distraction therapy, have a look back at some of the really old posts - early days of the Forum - in 'Essex'. It would appear that the scores used to be reported quite differently and that the '303' version was a change at some point.

There are also some rather disparaging comments about SHSG, but I chose to ignore those...

Good luck for the 11th :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Nikkibeak wrote:
Manana wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Each year we still get head of schools (often non selective) telling parents that unless they put them first they won't get a place. So parents put the non-sel first, the GS second and then find they don't get the GS which whey would have got if they had put it first...