Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manana

Re: 11...

Post by Manana »

Thylacine11 wrote:8 sleeps to go!
Just over a week to go-it doesn't sound too long now, does it!?
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Manana wrote:
Thylacine11 wrote:8 sleeps to go!
Just over a week to go-it doesn't sound too long now, does it!?
No it doesn't sound too bad :D
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

This time in a week all the waiting will be over! Of course if we've got borderline scores then the 5 month wait for allocation day begins :shock:
Manana

Post by Manana »

Nikkibeak wrote:This time in a week all the waiting will be over! Of course if we've got borderline scores then the 5 month wait for allocation day begins :shock:
Noooooooooooooo!!
Manana

Post by Manana »

Manana wrote:
Nikkibeak wrote:This time in a week all the waiting will be over! Of course if we've got borderline scores then the 5 month wait for allocation day begins :shock:
Noooooooooooooo!!
Last night's dream involved DD getting 304. I woke up all happy and realised it was omit a dream!!!
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Manana wrote:
Manana wrote:
Noooooooooooooo!!
Last night's dream involved DD getting 304. I woke up all happy and realised it was omit a dream!!!
Oh no lol. I wish we only had to get 303. We need 345+ for Kegs or Colchester :x :shock:
Manana

Post by Manana »

:cry:

I suppose it's swings and roundabouts, isn't it? We live right by one of the grammars and up the road from 2 others. Our catchment school is right in between them, so suffers from this by having the top x% from the primaries going to grammar and other people desperately trying to get into faith schools or to the local sports/drama academy to avoid going there. If you don't have those alternatives, it's pants. I presume, if you're in a super-selective area, although you have to get a very high score to get in, I suppose you can sell it to your child by saying that A) only a small percentage will get in and B) the alternatives are probably still very good?

Correct me if I'm wrong though-it often happens!
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Manana wrote::cry:

I suppose it's swings and roundabouts, isn't it? We live right by one of the grammars and up the road from 2 others. Our catchment school is right in between them, so suffers from this by having the top x% from the primaries going to grammar and other people desperately trying to get into faith schools or to the local sports/drama academy to avoid going there. If you don't have those alternatives, it's pants. I presume, if you're in a super-selective area, although you have to get a very high score to get in, I suppose you can sell it to your child by saying that A) only a small percentage will get in and B) the alternatives are probably still very good?

My alternatives aren't great as i'm just a little bit too far from any others that I would consider reasonable alternatives to be able to get in. I will try just in case we're lucky enough that the numbers applying are lower than usual but otherwise it will be the crappy local school. My selling point will be that anyone can do well in any school if they work hard and that I know someone who went there who did well, went to uni and now earns loads and has 2 houses. My son isn't too bothered anyway. He doesn't really care if he's not made to work to the best of his ability lol.
Manana

Post by Manana »

Nikkibeak wrote:
Manana wrote::cry:

My alternatives aren't great as i'm just a little bit too far from any others that I would consider reasonable alternatives to be able to get in. I will try just in case we're lucky enough that the numbers applying are lower than usual but otherwise it will be the crappy local school. My selling point will be that anyone can do well in any school if they work hard and that I know someone who went there who did well, went to uni and now earns loads and has 2 houses. My son isn't too bothered anyway. He doesn't really care if he's not made to work to the best of his ability lol.

Ha ha, no, your DS's attitude is familiar!! My DS is in Y8 at grammar and constantly moaning about how it's strict, not fun, serious, pressurised etc etc Maybe DD would *enjoy* non-grammar more? I don't know. I'm clutching at straws now, I think!
Hopefulmummy

Post by Hopefulmummy »

Hello everyone....

I just couldn't sleep at all yesterday night! Is it just me? I am looking like some Zombie at work and of course yawning at my desk :x

My DS woke up last Sunday (it was a Sunday..!) in tears... asking me what will be the pass mark this year! I felt so bad for him...I wish this gets over soon!! Can't wait any more

Can someone help me what was the cut off for KEGS for OOC last year? And what was the last mark in waiting list in the summer?

Thanks!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now