2014 11+ results discussion

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
annam2013

Re: 2014 11+ results discussion

Post by annam2013 »

Hello all, please anybody suggest for OOC just filling the council's eadmission form is all that is needed to be done? Is there any other form to be filled?

Apology if it sounds really silly.

Thanks
KB

Post by KB »

Are you in the same LEA as the schools you are applying to?
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

KB wrote:Are you in the same LEA as the schools you are applying to?
We are in havering but would apply for the southend and westcliff grammar schools and Chelmsford grammar.

Thanks
Rachel22

Post by Rachel22 »

I have been a silent member on this forum till date..received our DS scores and he got 371.
He also cleared QE with a score of 253.

We are very confused on where to go (CRGS, KEGS or QE)..any advise will be greatly appreciated.
I have heard that QE is very strenuous but have no feedback on CRGS/KEGS (and which is better)..

we are o/c but will move as per the school selected..
local_lass

Post by local_lass »

My son's CSSE result was 342.6xx, we're in catchment for KEGS but could get bus to CRGS/Westcliff. As I understand it, there is a very very slim chance that he could get KEGS if last year's lowest score in off waiting list (341.07 in another thread) is correct and a very slim chance of CRGS. Please could someone advise whether it is worth putting 1) KEGS 2)CRGS 3) Westcliff or shouldn't we even hold out any hope of 1) or 2)? Thank you for your help.
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

local_lass wrote:My son's CSSE result was 342.6xx, we're in catchment for KEGS but could get bus to CRGS/Westcliff. As I understand it, there is a very very slim chance that he could get KEGS if last year's lowest score in off waiting list (341.07 in another thread) is correct and a very slim chance of CRGS. Please could someone advise whether it is worth putting 1) KEGS 2)CRGS 3) Westcliff or shouldn't we even hold out any hope of 1) or 2)? Thank you for your help.
Put your aspirational choices first, you won't be penalised and end up with WHSB and the waiting list for KEGS.

I am hoping we will get more info from the parent meeting. Hopefully the Head will give you a better idea of the IC score ratios at the meeting.

I do think it will be a nail biter on the waiting list for you...
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

local_lass wrote:My son's CSSE result was 342.6xx, we're in catchment for KEGS but could get bus to CRGS/Westcliff. As I understand it, there is a very very slim chance that he could get KEGS if last year's lowest score in off waiting list (341.07 in another thread) is correct and a very slim chance of CRGS. Please could someone advise whether it is worth putting 1) KEGS 2)CRGS 3) Westcliff or shouldn't we even hold out any hope of 1) or 2)? Thank you for your help.
Put the schools down in order of your true preference. 341.07 was not offered Kegs last year and ended up about 15th down the waiting list. The CRGS list moved more but 341.07 was not offered there either-ended up about 5th on the w/l from 21st. However, this year CRGS has an extra 24 places so scores above 340 will probably be offered.

2 years ago 339.7 gained a place at kegs, last year it went up to 344. Where the cut off will be this year is like trying to predict where the housing market will be on March 1st 2015. We can all speculate and hope, but no one knows until forum members kindly post their DD/DS scores with offered/not offered.

New information posted yesterday was that 314 received places at SHSG and 317 received places at WHSG. This was due to the extra class added at WHSG.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Hi, Please can somebody say, those whose DCs started a place this year, that for Westcliff or Southend all children in the green zone were offered a place in the first allocation? My DS is at the borderline of the OOC greenzone for both Westcliff and Southend. I will then be able to gauge how probable will it be to have a place in any one of them without going into waiting list.

Initially I queried this in the score section and reposting it here as this is where I think this query truly belongs :)
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

annam2013 wrote:Hi, Please can somebody say, those whose DCs started a place this year, that for Westcliff or Southend all children in the green zone were offered a place in the first allocation? My DS is at the borderline of the OOC greenzone for both Westcliff and Southend. I will then be able to gauge how probable will it be to have a place in any one of them without going into waiting list.

Initially I queried this in the score section and reposting it here as this is where I think this query truly belongs :)
My son was in the green zone for SHSB but didn't get a place until the extra class was added. He was 21st on the waiting list on allocations day.
raat

Post by raat »

annam2013 wrote:Hi, Please can somebody say, those whose DCs started a place this year, that for Westcliff or Southend all children in the green zone were offered a place in the first allocation? My DS is at the borderline of the OOC greenzone for both Westcliff and Southend. I will then be able to gauge how probable will it be to have a place in any one of them without going into waiting list.

Hi annam2013 what us the score of your DC ?