Essex VR format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moved

Re: 2010 Exam Results OUT?????

Post by moved »

Given 40% of the intake for CCHS come from private schools I find this very surprising indeed. The results are disseminated by the CSSE on 1/3/10. Why would they care that a child was in a London school? 100% is also not given out as the scores are standardised and the top score is 390.
haj

Post by haj »

Exactly. We also pointed out that given the second sitting of 11+ was just last week, the results could not possibly be ready yet. The dad is very insistent though, stating that it is what his dd's school has told them. He even advices that we contact CSEC tomorrow, which I surely will be doing!!!
moved

Post by moved »

As a school we can only have the information if the parents have selected that this may be released to us and then the parents receive the information first.
Abba

Post by Abba »

Not sure if I understand the bit about CSSE contacting the school with the result/info either before or after 01 Mar. :?:

What are these references that you mention, Haj?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

CCHS (Chelmsford) has contacted the school for reference
I am not aware of any state grammar schools asking for a reference. Places are offered purely on result not on their current Headteachers opinion. This sounds more like an independant school - some of which call their entrance exams 11 plus.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Minesatea wrote:
CCHS (Chelmsford) has contacted the school for reference
I am not aware of any state grammar schools asking for a reference. Places are offered purely on result not on their current Headteachers opinion. This sounds more like an independant school - some of which call their entrance exams 11 plus.
I'm really not sure what has gone on here, but state schools are expressly forbidden from asking for references under the Admissions Code (which has legal force):
Information from schools
18. Admission authorities must not use references from schools as any part of an admissions process other than to assist in the determination of an applicant’s suitability for boarding.
I can't imagine CSSE parting with anyone's results early under any circumstances either!

Essex may need a Myths & Legends Sticky like Bucks ...
Chai

Post by Chai »

Ooohh yes, do have that. It would be fun to see what everyone has been told. :lol:
haj

Post by haj »

...I can't imagine CSSE parting with anyone's results early under any circumstances either!

Essex may need a Myths & Legends Sticky like Bucks ...

Yes. The wonderful thing for me is just how convincing this dad is. He really is certain about what he is saying, and we have now been made to feel like we are not accepting what he is saying because their dd has done so well!!!

@ Abba (funny enoiugh, just watching abba on ITV :D ). I tried arguing that grammar schools do not base their admission on references but was told they have obviously started now as CCHS has requested one from the primary school!!!

Myths & Legends - I just feel like we have enough to worry about without all these stories coming up :(
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I hope he hasn't told his daughter any of this.
moved

Myths and legends

Post by moved »

Hi, I've added a myths and legends section for those bizarre stories that we hear. Thanks to Sally-Anne for the suggestion.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now