Near Pass Mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
essexman

Near Pass Mark

Post by essexman »

Hi

Got very close to minimum pass mark for within catchment, but this is based on scores from old tests. Would you ask for re-mark, or select HS as first choice anyway?

Will the schools restate their 'pass mark' for 2015 intake?
moved

Re: Near Pass Mark

Post by moved »

303 is always the minimum passmark. Without it you cannot have a place. SHSG has been short of year 7 girls in September in the past and they have filled the places later with a retest.

I have heard of remarks changing scores occasionally but not often.
michy1969

Post by michy1969 »

essexman wrote:Hi

Got very close to minimum pass mark for within catchment, but this is based on scores from old tests. Would you ask for re-mark, or select HS as first choice anyway?

Will the schools restate their 'pass mark' for 2015 intake?
My DD got 57.5 % which would have been enough for the last 4 years. I dont know why 57.5% is not enough this year when every year it has been around 55% :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

If the papers were easier than in previous years, which some parents were suggesting, then a higher raw score will be needed to get the 303 pass mark than if the papers are harder. This is because the standardisation is worked out on how well each child did compared to the average mark. So an easier paper means a higher average mark and so a higher raw percentage required to achieve the 303 standardised score.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now