Essex out of catchment and borderline score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Icepop

Re: Essex out of catchment and borderline score

Post by Icepop »

Hi , thanking the person who started this thread as I think it's valuable to all of us border liners, keep posting in your borderline scores! Thanks
Silkenwings

Post by Silkenwings »

My DDs score is 306....wondering if there's any hope for o/c at WHSG OR SHSG
Danniburke

Post by Danniburke »

Hi all,

My DD got 323.670 and also in the same situation as you all wondering if it will be enough to get in to WHSG or SHSG, we are also ooc.

The wait until March (and beyond probably if on waiting list) is going to send me crazy!

I do wonder if the changes to this years exams will make a difference and make it harder to compare to last years dc's who got places. I must admit I don't understand how the scores are standardised etc.. but because the exams were different does that mean the scores are going to come out different?

Lots of high scores being posted is making me worry even more than I already am!

Have CCHSG results to come yet too, I'm a nervous wreck! lol
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Danniburke wrote:Hi all,

My DD got 323.670 and also in the same situation as you all wondering if it will be enough to get in to WHSG or SHSG, we are also ooc.

The wait until March (and beyond probably if on waiting list) is going to send me crazy!

I do wonder if the changes to this years exams will make a difference and make it harder to compare to last years dc's who got places. I must admit I don't understand how the scores are standardised etc.. but because the exams were different does that mean the scores are going to come out different?

Lots of high scores being posted is making me worry even more than I already am!

Have CCHSG results to come yet too, I'm a nervous wreck! lol
I am also in the same boat as you, worried sick. Not sure how to kill these months. This Christmas will be probably the worst Christmas :roll:
victammu

Post by victammu »

My DD scored 318 we are out of catchment would she get a chance to get into westcliff or southend or colchester we are in chelmsford
Danniburke

Post by Danniburke »

victammu wrote:My DD scored 318 we are out of catchment would she get a chance to get into westcliff or southend or colchester we are in chelmsford
From what i've seen Colchester lowest score was 329 (going by the guidance sheet, so could be slightly lower?) so bit lower than needed but going by previous years she has a chance for SHSG or WHSG.

My DD is in the same situation with 323. Did your DD take CCHS test too seeing as you're in catchment for there?
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Can I ask one more question please? Just trying get my head round the allocation process. If I am offered my 2nd choice, then I can go into the waiting list of my 1st choice. I understand that. But if I then accept the offer of my 2nd choice, would I be removed from the wait list of my 1st choice school? Sorry if I sound too stupid :oops:

Many thanks
KB

Post by KB »

No you will stay on the waiting list of your first choice school ( and any choices higher than the one you are offered)
You should accept the school you are offered or that offer will be withdrawn, so ending up without an allocated school.
Danniburke

Post by Danniburke »

Do the schools or the LA hold the waiting lists? Just so I know who i'll be phoning up every 5 mins :roll:
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Danniburke wrote:Do the schools or the LA hold the waiting lists? Just so I know who i'll be phoning up every 5 mins :roll:
Sorry though cannot answer your query with confidence, but its making me laugh as I can imagine myself doing exactly what you are suggesting as well :lol: :lol:

Would it not be LA?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now