Essex out of catchment and borderline score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stratfordmom

Re: Essex out of catchment and borderline score

Post by stratfordmom »

Hello everyone,

Good to read so many messages. My DS scored 347 and we live in Stratford. Even though KEGS was nearest to us, I don't see a chance of getting there. We are hoping that he will get into WHSB or SHSB. My worry is that the schools are quite far from the station and how safe is it to walk along the road?

Is there anyone here who knows /have their DCs going to Westcliff or Southend from stratford. I know there is long to go before allocations are made. I am about to make my application and it will help me take a decision in making my choices.

I am quite new to the forum and any help from your side will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

DD 327.614 o/c for SHSG / WHSG any chance of getting a place?
KB

Post by KB »

Have a look at some of the recent threads, someone provided a lot of useful info recently.
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

DD just below the lowest cut off 329 for last year ColCHS.

327 (fingers crossed)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

what could be guestimsate cut off score for out of catchemnt score
for KEGS - 355 again :?:

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

stratfordmom wrote:Good to read so many messages. My DS scored 347 and we live in Stratford. Even though KEGS was nearest to us, I don't see a chance of getting there. We are hoping that he will get into WHSB or SHSB. My worry is that the schools are quite far from the station and how safe is it to walk along the road?
Seriously, most of us locals manage to use the pavements around the Borough of Southend on Sea perfectly easily without coming to harm...

The route from Prittlewell to SHSB does involve crossing Victoria Avenue, which is quite busy, but one crosses at traffic lights so this is no problem. The walk from Chalkwell station to the Westcliff schools is longer - and hillier :lol: but again there are pedestrian crossings at the major roads and there is no need to put oneself in any danger.

BTW there are 24 OOC places at KEGS, 20 per cent of 120 :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
moved

Post by moved »

KEGS does look unlikely (much shorter journey), but Southend and Westcliff are not inaccessible by train. Stratford to Prittlewell and then a short walk to SHSB seems quite reasonable. For WHSB I think you would need to go to West Ham and change for the C2C with a longer, hillier walk from Chalkwell and the journey time would be longer.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

There is a coach service to both southend schools from Goodmayes station. So you can go overground to goodmayes and then go by coach. The coach company is called Maymist. I don't have the number - but can find out for you if you need it. Let me know.
stratfordmom

Post by stratfordmom »

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am leaving everything to God and pray that everything goes smooth.
victammu

Post by victammu »

Danniburke wrote:
victammu wrote:My DD scored 318 we are out of catchment would she get a chance to get into westcliff or southend or colchester we are in chelmsford
From what i've seen Colchester lowest score was 329 (going by the guidance sheet, so could be slightly lower?) so bit lower than needed but going by previous years she has a chance for SHSG or WHSG.

My DD is in the same situation with 323. Did your DD take CCHS test too seeing as you're in catchment for there?
yes she did got 110 for chelmsford.. i hope she gets in chelmsford..