Westcliff or Southend Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hopefulmummy

Re: Westcliff or Southend Boys

Post by Hopefulmummy »

I live in Redbridge too and thinking of WCHB and SHSB. I heard currently there is a coach that comes near Gantshill/Newbury Park and Sevenkings station for Girls. Hoping it will be the same for Boys too?

Reading from previous posts, does it mean SHSB is preferable due to better alternative public transport available in case children have to stay back after school for sports clubs?
Shapla

Post by Shapla »

Go to transport on CSSE website, green box, then click on First bus route, termly prices. Also one of the boxes has contact details for First Bus too

Sorry, I'm a pea brain. It's to Chelmsford.

Sorry raat.
raat

Post by raat »

Thanks shapla

service 527 only goes to King Edward VI Grammar School

i was actually talking about Southend for boys and westcliff for boys
Shapla

Post by Shapla »

Yes I just realised so edited my post. I will ask my friend as her daughter goes from Gants Hill on the bus to Westcliff. Will get back to you with accurate information.
Hopefulmummy

Post by Hopefulmummy »

Shapla wrote:Go to transport on CSSE website, green box, then click on First bus route, termly prices. Also one of the boxes has contact details for First Bus too

Sorry, I'm a pea brain. It's to Chelmsford.

Sorry raat.
Not a problem. I think I know someone whose child goes to the WestCliff girls. I will try and get some details.
raat

Post by raat »

Thanks @shapla and @Hopefulmummy

will keep an eye on this thread
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

There are 2 coach companys that go to southend schools from redbridge. One company goes to Southend boys and girls and the other goes to Westcliff boys and girls.

So transport not a problem, the day is considerably longer but they get used to it. You will get the odd whinging day, but most of the times its not an issue. Lot of lunchtime clubs so they can participate in extra-curr... activities.

All good schools know people whose children attend all of them and all i hear is praises.

good luck
raat

Post by raat »

Hopefuldad wrote:There are 2 coach companys that go to southend schools from redbridge. One company goes to Southend boys and girls and the other goes to Westcliff boys and girls.

So transport not a problem, the day is considerably longer but they get used to it. You will get the odd whinging day, but most of the times its not an issue. Lot of lunchtime clubs so they can participate in extra-curr... activities.

All good schools know people whose children attend all of them and all i hear is praises.

good luck
@hopefuldad
could you please mention the bus company name for both .. and what do you mean by longer days ? do you mean the bus leaves a bit late after school ends or .. the journey time ...?
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

Hi,
I would also be intrested in any transport options from newbury park any bus company names would be great
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

The buses leave @ about 7-7:15 am depending on your stop and return 16:45-17:00, hence the longer day.

Southend schools served by Maymist
Westcliff schools served by Crest Coaches
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now