Westcliff or Southend Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ayesha11

Re: Westcliff or Southend Boys

Post by ayesha11 »

I contacted Cresta Coaches and they said the nearest stop for newbury park would be Gidea park harvester, I may be interested if anyone starts a mini bus, as I also have a younger son in year 4 we don’t currently have the option of moving closer for at least 2 years.
Hopefulmummy

Post by Hopefulmummy »

ayesha11 wrote:I contacted Cresta Coaches and they said the nearest stop for newbury park would be Gidea park harvester, I may be interested if anyone starts a mini bus, as I also have a younger son in year 4 we don’t currently have the option of moving closer for at least 2 years.
Ayesha, did they say if there is a stopping near Gantshill? I am wondering if people like us should also come all the way to Gidea Park Harvester to get the coach?
stratfordmom

Post by stratfordmom »

I spoke to Crest Coaches yesterday and they have a stop at Gants Hill. I don't know if trains are better than buses. C2C runs from west ham station to Chalkwell. However, there is another 20-25 minutes from the station to the school (from what I heard). Bus journey might be more tiring than train journey - just a concern.
raat

Post by raat »

does crest coach do westcliff and south end ?
Hopefulmummy

Post by Hopefulmummy »

stratfordmom wrote:I spoke to Crest Coaches yesterday and they have a stop at Gants Hill. I don't know if trains are better than buses. C2C runs from west ham station to Chalkwell. However, there is another 20-25 minutes from the station to the school (from what I heard). Bus journey might be more tiring than train journey - just a concern.
Oh, thank you Stratfordmom.. I agree bus journey may be more tiring than train. Bus journey is point to point kind of journey, so believe that could be a better option during winter months!
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

I will ask them again as got an email from them saying Gidea park Harvester would be the closest stop to Newbury Park

this is the email I got from them
Hi Ayesha

Our fees at the moment are £38 per week next September 2015 they will be £39 we Pick up At the Harvester Gidea Park so this would be your nearest stop if you wish to go on the list for next year just forward your childs details and we will put you on the list .

KInd Regards

Donna /Debbie
stratfordmom

Post by stratfordmom »

ayesha11 wrote:I will ask them again as got an email from them saying Gidea park Harvester would be the closest stop to Newbury Park

this is the email I got from them
Hi Ayesha

Our fees at the moment are £38 per week next September 2015 they will be £39 we Pick up At the Harvester Gidea Park so this would be your nearest stop if you wish to go on the list for next year just forward your childs details and we will put you on the list .

KInd Regards

Donna /Debbie
Isn't Gidea Park after Gants Hill? I mean on the way from Gants Hill to Westcliff. Not sure.

regards,
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Gidea Park is long way away from Gants Hill. But after Gants Hill, Newbury Park, Chadwell Heath/Goodmayes crossing.
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

Hi All
I got the folloiwng response today from them
Hi Ayesha

Yes we start at Gants Hill Benton road and continue onto Seven King station and Goodmayes through to Chadwell Heath ,Sorry I thought you were in Gidea Park

Kind Regards

But I still want to find out about timings of the coach

Best,
GreenFrame

Post by GreenFrame »

Can anyone shed any alight on a phenomenon we are seeing at my son's primary school? Out of a good cohort of 15 passes, most of the boys - some of whom were set on WHSB - are deciding on SHSB instead. We have a son at WHSB already and are pretty pleased with the school.

Does anyone have insights into the choices made by people who know the schools well, i.e. what they perceive to be good and bad about each?

Thanks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now