Laindon to KEGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Flossie2

Laindon to KEGS

Post by Flossie2 »

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the journey from Laindon to KEGS please? Many thanks x
mkl

Re: Laindon to KEGS

Post by mkl »

First Bus 561 and 562 pick up from stop at Laindon Link corner Great Knightleys (or Basildon Bus Station). Drop-off is school gate. 1 hour journey each way.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If he needs to travel at a different time, e.g. after clubs etc, there is the public service 100 - also First, I think - which goes from Chelmsford to Lakeside via Basildon. Not sure whether it also goes through, or if so which part of, Laindon, as I have only caught it in a 'southerly' direction from Basildon.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Flossie2

Post by Flossie2 »

Thank you. Where is Laindon link corner please, is it near the station? Is this a public bus service so they run at different times? What time bus would be needed and does it work with after school clubs? Do you know costs also? Many thanks x
Flossie2

Post by Flossie2 »

ToadMum wrote:If he needs to travel at a different time, e.g. after clubs etc, there is the public service 100 - also First, I think - which goes from Chelmsford to Lakeside via Basildon. Not sure whether it also goes through, or if so which part of, Laindon, as I have only caught it in a 'southerly' direction from Basildon.
Thanks x
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

We live in Leigh on Sea so I might be wrong here, but I think Laindon Link corner is the junction of Laindon Link and Staneway?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mkl

Post by mkl »

Laindon Link is very near, and is the first stop after Basildon Bus Station. It's in the vicinity of the roundabout at town centre. Cost was about £5 return a year ago. It's a contract bus that leaves KEGS at about 3.45pm. Your son will have to use public bus First 100 to return to Basildon after clubs.

Another option is to take First 100 all the way.
littlemissm

Post by littlemissm »

Hi,
The details of the 561 bus are on the CSSE website. There were some changes this year so the first bus starts in Basildon and the second one which used to be the 562 starts from Billericay. They both return to Basildon for the return journey. When the boys have a club they get the 100 home and the driver allows them use their bus pass for the 561 so no additional bus fare.... I never knew this but this is what they do.

There is also the NIBS 47 bus which goes from Wickford to Chelmsford via Laindon High Rd/ Willowfields , details are on their website.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now