King John results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kg309

King John results

Post by kg309 »

Hi all.
My DS got a good mark for his 11+ i/c for WHSB but also sat the King John test.
His results arrived yesterday

He got 104 and so we will be putting it as our last choice on our application.

DS said the test was quite hard and he didn't finish all the questions.

Wondering how everyone else found it and how they DC scored?

KG309
ToadMum

Re: King John results

Post by ToadMum »

kg309 wrote:Hi all.

KG309
DS2 sat the test last year, scoring 121 - he was pretty certain of a place at SHSB, which is where he is now, but we also put King John as our 5th preference. Out of curiosity, what was the lowest score admitted this September? I assume they still give you the lowest successful scores for the past 2 years? That made me smile last year, because that included the score for the year that DD sat the test, the last year that entrants were told that the school would never divulge their actual score, whether or not they were successful in obtaining a place :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
optimisticmom

Re: King John results

Post by optimisticmom »

ToadMum wrote:
kg309 wrote:Hi all.

KG309
DS2 sat the test last year, scoring 121 - he was pretty certain of a place at SHSB, which is where he is now, but we also put King John as our 5th preference. Out of curiosity, what was the lowest score admitted this September? I assume they still give you the lowest successful scores for the past 2 years? That made me smile last year, because that included the score for the year that DD sat the test, the last year that entrants were told that the school would never divulge their actual score, whether or not they were successful in obtaining a place :lol:

My ds sat this and got 129, he said it was not difficult but at the time I took that with a pinch of salt as you know what kids are like. Some of the other exams he commented on about being hard were a bit easier than he thought judging from his scores.

The last test place offered this September was 101. The highest score offered for September was 124. In September 2013, the last test place offered was 96.

Optimisticmom
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now