2014 CEM - A Statistical Perspective

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Interested2014

Re: 2014 CEM - A Statistical Perspective

Post by Interested2014 »

Many thanks -- i/c so hopefully a good chance. Do you have a view on the redbridge candidates not taking CCHS exam this year (exam on same day)? Could this mean that there is a greater proportion of i/c girls in top 300 & therefore, offered places won't go as far down as 200th as it did last year?
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Interested2014 wrote:Many thanks -- i/c so hopefully a good chance. Do you have a view on the redbridge candidates not taking CCHS exam this year (exam on same day)? Could this mean that there is a greater proportion of i/c girls in top 300 & therefore, offered places won't go as far down as 200th as it did last year?
That is a very good point. I imagine the vast majority of girls sitting at CCHS this year were incatchment.

If the CEM test was the same at all CEM schools why did Icepop get 2 marks, one for Redbridge and one for CCHS? Are the results standardised for individual schools or across all CEM schools?
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Blitz wrote:
Interested2014 wrote:Many thanks -- i/c so hopefully a good chance. Do you have a view on the redbridge candidates not taking CCHS exam this year (exam on same day)? Could this mean that there is a greater proportion of i/c girls in top 300 & therefore, offered places won't go as far down as 200th as it did last year?
That is a very good point. I imagine the vast majority of girls sitting at CCHS this year were incatchment.

If the CEM test was the same at all CEM schools why did Icepop get 2 marks, one for Redbridge and one for CCHS? Are the results standardised for individual schools or across all CEM schools?
I thought you could only take one CEM test and that if you did take more than one then only the first would count
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Whilst I understand this forum only represents a small population of the children that took the CEM, of the results that have been posted most are out of catchment.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

You only did one cem exam for Redbridge, cchs and Latimer this year as they were all the same exams. But you can have the one exam count for all 3 schools or any combination you wanted. So even if you wrote the exam in Redbridge it also counts for cchs. But the way Redbridge standardised the scores was different to how cchs standardised it. We got different scores for the two schools. And different information. Eg for Redbridge you get a score and a rank which is most helpful. For cchs only the score and it was slightly lower than for Redbridge - not sure why.

Hope that helps. In fact this year it has made it easier for more Redbridge girls to also apply to cchs as it was the one exam. So I am hoping that ooc cut off is not higher this year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now