Coaches from London to Colchester County High for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Re: Coaches from London to Colchester County High for Girls

Post by moved »

DD often takes the Marks Tey route. It is really quick for Chelmsford.

Is the Colchester Town station nearer the school? There is a direct train in the morning that arrives at Colchester at 8am.
KB

Post by KB »

The Colchester Town station is nearer that North Station but its still quite a hike to CCHS, you'd probably still end up bussing so not much gained? Not so bad for CRGS though.
Thinking through which way you,d walk and it certainly avoids big junctions.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

No, Colchester Town is in the wrong direction for CoCHS. Its also not in the nicest part of town and is an open (non barriered) station with no platform staff, so not somewhere I would personally be happy to have an 11 year old of mine waiting for a train in the dark in winter.
AQM1

Post by AQM1 »

I understand that there are 2 trains from Stratford at 6.55am and 7.05am to Colchester Town and both arrive in time for the 8.05am school bus which goes to the school. However, for the 7.05am train, one will need to change at Shenfield. I will of course look more into it if she is offered a place. I must stop procastinating and fill in the form.

Thank you all again for your time and assistance.
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

Hello,my DD is to be attending Colchester County High School from Septemebr 2021. We live in Ilford so are there any available coaches, we were considering zcoach but DD has to travel to Romford and then board coach. We don't want too much travelling. It would be best if the coach also went to Colchester Royal Grammar School since my son is to start sixth form there. Would be great if the coaches were from Ilford. Thanks...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Cheetah wrote:Hello,my DD is to be attending Colchester County High School from Septemebr 2021. We live in Ilford so are there any available coaches, we were considering zcoach but DD has to travel to Romford and then board coach. We don't want too much travelling. It would be best if the coach also went to Colchester Royal Grammar School since my son is to start sixth form there. Would be great if the coaches were from Ilford. Thanks...
Please don't take this amiss, but...

You have chosen schools the best part of 50 miles away and yet say you don't want much travelling?

Do you mean, you personally don't want much travelling, which is why you are electing to have one of your DC do the journey for the next 2 years and another for the next 5 or 7 years, rather than move to Colchester and do the commuting yourself? Or is the need for a coach just temporary, until you find a new house nearer to your DC's schools?

If you contact the office at each of the schools, they may be willing to pass your details on to the
parents of the other pupils who live in your area?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

ToadMum wrote:
Cheetah wrote:Hello,my DD is to be attending Colchester County High School from Septemebr 2021. We live in Ilford so are there any available coaches, we were considering zcoach but DD has to travel to Romford and then board coach. We don't want too much travelling. It would be best if the coach also went to Colchester Royal Grammar School since my son is to start sixth form there. Would be great if the coaches were from Ilford. Thanks...

You have chosen schools the best part of 50 miles away and yet say you don't want much travelling?

Do you mean, you personally don't want much travelling, which is why you are electing to have one of your DC do the journey for the next 2 years and another for the next 5 or 7 years, rather than move to Colchester and do the commuting yourself? Or is the need for a coach just temporary, until you find a new house nearer to your DC's schools?

If you contact the office at each of the schools, they may be willing to pass your details on to the
She will be travelling for 1 month as we are getting a house there is October
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Cheetah wrote:
ToadMum wrote:

She will be travelling for 1 month as we are getting a house there is October
:D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

By too much travelling I meant switching from too many buses or trains.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now