Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: One week to go......
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:13 am 

How are people feeling with only one week to go until the moment of truth?

Post subject: Re: One week to go......
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:48 am 

With an 'in-between' score, I am getting v nervous :|

Think not high enough for CRGS, and then not sure if will meet the grade for OOC place in Southend. I suspect we will be left on the waiting list.......but we are incredibly lucky to have indie offers/scholarships.

I'm sure I will be an all nighter on Sunday with my glass of wine.

Good luck to everyone & see you here on Sunday/Monday..... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 pm 

lastminutepanic wrote:
With an 'in-between' score, I am getting v nervous :|

Think not high enough for CRGS, and then not sure if will meet the grade for OOC place in Southend. I suspect we will be left on the waiting list.......but we are incredibly lucky to have indie offers/scholarships.

I'm sure I will be an all nighter on Sunday with my glass of wine.

Good luck to everyone & see you here on Sunday/Monday..... :wink:

What is your 11+ score if you don't mind me asking? My son is in year 7 at Southend OoC, he got in off the waiting list last year. He loves it and doesn't mind the journey from Chelmsford each day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:23 am 

What is your 11+ score if you don't mind me asking? My son is in year 7 at Southend OoC, he got in off the waiting list last year. He loves it and doesn't mind the journey from Chelmsford each day.[/quote]

Good to hear your son is enjoying himself and that the journey from Chelmsford is not onerous :)

I know there is rumour that the boys have not scored as highly (and no surprise it was the English which let him down), but with 333 I think we will just miss out :(

I have read that Southend added classes last year - how many boys are in each class? Also was Southend your 1st choice or Westcliffe, and does it even make a difference?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and good to have someone on the forum who has been through the pocess!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:55 am 

SHSB didn't add a class last year; they still have six forms in the year but the class size in year 7 is 30 rather than 25 for years 8 - 11. (Westcliff girls' added an extra class - the class size at both the Westcliff schools is 31 anyway).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:55 pm 

lastminutepanic wrote:
What is your 11+ score if you don't mind me asking? My son is in year 7 at Southend OoC, he got in off the waiting list last year. He loves it and doesn't mind the journey from Chelmsford each day.

Good to hear your son is enjoying himself and that the journey from Chelmsford is not onerous :)

I know there is rumour that the boys have not scored as highly (and no surprise it was the English which let him down), but with 333 I think we will just miss out :(

I have read that Southend added classes last year - how many boys are in each class? Also was Southend your 1st choice or Westcliffe, and does it even make a difference?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and good to have someone on the forum who has been through the pocess![/quote]

My son scored 332.9!! We put SHSB first as he loved it when we looked around. Yes class sizes in year 7 are now 30 but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. With the extra class being added at KEGs and CRGS, I think your chance of getting a grammar school place is quite good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:48 am 

Thanks pink rabbit…..you give me hope :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:51 am 

Really nervous!

Just hoping I will get one of my 6 preferences! It would be great if we get one of our top 3 grammars preferences of course....most likely to be on the waiting list until end of August....sigh.... :|

4 more days....eeeks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:39 am 

Stressed.mum wrote:
Really nervous!

Just hoping I will get one of my 6 preferences! It would be great if we get one of our top 3 grammars preferences of course....most likely to be on the waiting list until end of August....sigh.... :|

4 more days....eeeks!

Stressed.mum, why do you think you won't get one of your 6 preferences? is that possible? now I'm getting worried...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:37 pm 

optimisticmom wrote:
Stressed.mum wrote:
Really nervous!

4 more days....eeeks!

Stressed.mum, why do you think you won't get one of your 6 preferences? is that possible? now I'm getting worried...

We have a borderline score for colchs, not sure if it is enough for ooc shsg/ whsg....and finally local school would be quite full with children from primary feeder schools....sigh.....so there's my worries....