CCHS CEM results- discussion thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: CCHS CEM results- discussion thread

Post by Daogroupie »

Blimey! I thought it was a fantastic letter! You should pop over to North London and see what they get there. Just a mark at QE with no clues on where it puts you and not even a mark at HBS.

It tells you if your mark got in last year or not. And which marks got in and which marks did not! DG
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

bridgeford wrote:So CCHS doesn't provide a rank (like Woodford apparently does) or even green/amber/yellow colour indication (like CSSE does)?

How difficult should it be for CCHS to provide rank for all applicants (separately for I/C & O/C)? That could put most (if not, all) conjectures and anxiety to rest. Just providing 105.41 as last year's guidance is neither accurate (since 102-103s did get in) nor very helpful (esp for O/C).
CCHS have only been doing CEM for 2 years previous to this year, those 2 years were both different in that last year an extra class was added, therefore a colour coded system would be meaningless at this stage.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Daogroupie wrote:Blimey! I thought it was a fantastic letter! You should pop over to North London and see what they get there. Just a mark at QE with no clues on where it puts you and not even a mark at HBS.

It tells you if your mark got in last year or not. And which marks got in and which marks did not! DG
Sounds great-much more info than we got last year, although we were in the privileged position last year of having a very high in catchment score, so didn't have the worries that some had. Well done to all the girls receiving their results today.
ohnoyoudidnt

Post by ohnoyoudidnt »

I think they only tell by advising you the lowest score on first allocation from the year before. So last year that was 105 and the year before was 108. After first allocation, people may choose other schools in the private sector and places will become available as places are declined.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now