CCHS Bus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ConfusedinEssex

CCHS Bus

Post by ConfusedinEssex »

Does anyone know (email/website, etc.) of the bus service that runs from Newbury Park Station to CCHS. I think it starts from around the Gants Hill area. First Bus used to have a bus (No.527) but they've now stopped the service. What's everyone using these days?
bridgeford

Re: CCHS Bus

Post by bridgeford »

If this is right, it might be game-changer for me. We might be in the same boat (or bus!).

I was banking on school bus service from Gant's Hill to Chelmsford. I thought Yellow bus service was still operational (when I last checked in June).

See my new thread: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 34#p538134
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

I had these details from a couple of years ago so not sure whether they still run to Chelmsford but its worth a try. It used to run from Ilford, Gants Hill, Newbury Park to Chelmsford. Good Luck

AMI Coaches
Tel: 0208 491 5779
Email: Jitesh@amicoaches.co.uk
ConfusedinEssex

Yes I was a bit surprised (horrified!) when First Bus said that they'd stopped the service due to lack of take up. They also pointed me to Amy Coaches, but I've not been able to find any details, possibly because the name I was given is slightly misspelt. I'll try AMI Coaches and let you know if I get a reply.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

They do run coaches (about 3). If you can't get through with that number PM me and I can provide the mobile number.
nsh34

Post by nsh34 »

There definitely is a bus that runs from Newbury park station,my nieces take every morning at 7am and returns home at 5pm, such a long day and such a young age to become a commuter, know she doesn't have a lot of time left for anything else. Can get for anyone that wants.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

You can try this email address: jitesh@amicoaches.co.uk
bridgeford

Post by bridgeford »

ConfusedinEssex wrote:Yes I was a bit surprised (horrified!) when First Bus said that they'd stopped the service due to lack of take up. They also pointed me to Amy Coaches, but I've not been able to find any details, possibly because the name I was given is slightly misspelt. I'll try AMI Coaches and let you know if I get a reply.
Did you have any luck contacting AMI coaches? I have been trying to get in touch with AMI without much avail.

CSSE transport office did confirm that First/Yellow bus (#527) has been discontinued and AMI is probably the only one running Ilford/Gant's Hill-Chelmsford service. But CSSE couldn't confirm this definitively since they don't have any official arrangement with AMI.
ConfusedinEssex

Unfortunately not. I haven't had a response to email or phone. There definitely is a coach service because I spoke with someone who lives nearby whose daughter went to CCHS until last year and he said that there are about 3 coaches which leave Newbury Park station every morning. He used to have a mobile number for them but no longer knows it.

I'm also not clear on the time, because he said that the coaches leave at 7:30AM, but last year a parent whose daughter made it to CCHS for this September said that the coach leaves at 7:00AM.

Wonder if a current parent on the forum can help with the times and mobile number?
ConfusedinEssex

Good news, finally made contact with AMI Coaches. They currently run 4 coaches from Newbury Park Station. The children have to be there by 7:25AM, the coaches leave 7:30AM sharp. The return journey leaves Chelmsford at 3:55PM and is here before 5.

They do have a waiting list, but they won't start taking names till next year. In the new year they will contact all current parents to see how many will be returning in September 2015, once all the parents have replied they'll then start taking names on the waiting list.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now