Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:24 pm 
Does anyone know what the English comprehension was about today? My exhausted daughter put so much effort into the detail, she forgot what book it came from!

Post subject: English
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:46 pm 
My daughter couldn't remember either! She said she found the English paper difficult. What did anyone else think?

Post subject: English
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:02 pm 
Removed by a moderator until clarification received whether this same test is used for late testers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:02 pm 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:08 pm Post subject: CSSE CONFIRM NEW PAPERS FOR LATE TAKERS. Reply with quote
The kind lady at the csse has just confirmed that the late takers (including my son) will be taking different papers for the 11+ test in a couple of weeks, she then went on to say that the papers would be weighted in the same way and be of the same format. needed this clarified as some of the comments on here (everyone has their own opinions i know) were missleading and this has worried my son and i, plus many other late takers. Best wishes to all the late takers sitting the 11+ soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:00 pm 
my son took 11plus today he also couldnt remember what the english test was on but said math was ok and vr slightly harder than any practice papers!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:19 pm 
Removed by a moderator until clarification received whether this same test is used for late testers.

The above quote from guest was from2006, please do not post details until we can get some clarification. Posting details of the test will, if it is the same text, disadvantage children who took the test today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:29 pm 
Thanks Caz1985

As soon as I said it her eyes lit up and said "That's it!"

Also, reflecting an earlier comment, she also though the maths was less tricky & the VR more difficult than previous practise papers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:28 pm 
hi my son took the essex 11+ today ,he mentioned that the format had changed slightly on the english paper and that you had to tick and cross the answer boxes. Can anyone confirm this? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:36 pm 

My son confirms that some of the English questions did require ticks and crosses - which he did :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:39 pm 
Thanks for your prompt response, I was starting to panic when he told me this .The CSSE have been very coy year!! :wink: :wink: :wink: