Scores on the doors!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Karen

Scores on the doors!

Post by Karen »

Please, if you are willing, post your child's scores and ranking. They are being sent from the CSSE on Monday 5th March.
This will go a long way towards helping parents who are currently thinking of 11+ for their children. Thanks.
K :D

Post by Guest »

karen, my son will join your son at KEGS which is our second choice. But we still have not received the letter from LEA even thouhg I got the conformation from our LEA and KEGs via telephone. I had to go to the LEA office to get a copy of the letter yesterday. So strange!
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Anonymous wrote:karen, my son will join your son at KEGS which is our second choice. But we still have not received the letter from LEA even thouhg I got the conformation from our LEA and KEGs via telephone. I had to go to the LEA office to get a copy of the letter yesterday. So strange!
Offers are usually made by phone when someone has dropped out. As some people had their offer on the first, it could be that you are part of the reshuffle. Or maybe there has been a hiccup somewhere.
Marie

Re: Scores on the doors!

Post by Marie »

Karen wrote:Please, if you are willing, post your child's scores and ranking. They are being sent from the CSSE on Monday 5th March.
This will go a long way towards helping parents who are currently thinking of 11+ for their children. Thanks.
K :D
Hi Karen - has the dust settled yet? I am still full of mixed emotions as some friends were not so lucky as ourselves. Having said that - we wanted to celebrate and drove to Colchester today ..just to look through the gates. Our daughter is very much aware of others less fortunate and was quiet but oh so content....

I agree and will happily post results as I think they give persepctive and comfort when you are trying to judge just how close your own child is to the required standard. Those reading this around September 07 will come to understand this!!

Will post them next week. Is it me - or are the spam sums getting harder?

Marie

Post by Guest »

Essex mum wrote:
Anonymous wrote:karen, my son will join your son at KEGS which is our second choice. But we still have not received the letter from LEA even thouhg I got the conformation from our LEA and KEGs via telephone. I had to go to the LEA office to get a copy of the letter yesterday. So strange!
Offers are usually made by phone when someone has dropped out. As some people had their offer on the first, it could be that you are part of the reshuffle. Or maybe there has been a hiccup somewhere.
The LEA got our address wrong. so maybe we will never get that letter.

Post by Guest »

Congratulations on getting KEGS! Can I ask which school was your first choice?

Re: Scores on the doors!

Post by Guest »

[quote="Marie
Hi Karen - has the dust settled yet? I am still full of mixed emotions as some friends were not so lucky as ourselves. Having said that - we wanted to celebrate and drove to Colchester today ..just to look through the gates. Our daughter is very much aware of others less fortunate and was quiet but oh so content....

I agree and will happily post results as I think they give persepctive and comfort when you are trying to judge just how close your own child is to the required standard. Those reading this around September 07 will come to understand this!!

Will post them next week. Is it me - or are the spam sums getting harder?

Marie[/quote]
Hi Marie, I still stop in my tracks and think - wow, he got KEGS! The letter from the school arrived this morning and we felt so happy and excited. The forms are completed and ready to send back!

I, too, have mixed emotions when I read about others who didn't get their choices and actually shed a tear or two when I read the posts about it. I really wish those children all the best. They have wonderful supportive parents who will not take this lying down.

Watch this space for the scores; especially for those contemplating the long, long, journey into 11+ land.

(FYI - I get my son to do the spam questions :wink:)
Best wishes
K
shaking mum

Post by shaking mum »

I am hoping the scores and placings give hope to those who have had bad news (bo peep & others) I know of two boys who got KEGS and are turning it down so things will change.

Post by Guest »

shaking mum wrote:I am hoping the scores and placings give hope to those who have had bad news (bo peep & others) I know of two boys who got KEGS and are turning it down so things will change.
A word to the wise! For what it's worth, as a Mum with 3 children at Grammar Schools in Essex, be very very careful about discussing placings and scores.

For those who have just missed out on a place you will know very early next week, EXACTLY where your son or daughter is on the waiting lists for your schools of choice. The order of merit system at school level means that the last girl in at Chelmsford County High will receive a letter saying CCHS Position = 120/620 for instance, as there are 120 available places. So if your daughter has a placing of 127/620, you know that 7 girls have to turn down places for your daughter to be offered a place. So knowing raw scores and other childrens placings higher up adds no value what so ever. If you want to ring the consortium every other day, they will be happy to give you an update of where your child now stands on the waiting list for your school of choice. I know, I've been there!

For me, an anonymous parent, with children who finsished at a various ends of the order of merit spectrum, it made not a jot of difference where they were placed, only that they got a place. That was always enough for us. I can promise you 2 things at the Grammar schools. 1, the children don't discuss placings, particularly the boys, as it's seen as 'un-cool' and secondly the placings, generally, have little or no bearing on how a child performs once they are at the Grammar school.

Let's be honest, as the jaunty title of this forum suggests "Scores on the doors", this isn't a thread designed to ease the pressure on those parents whose children have missed out but a way of certain parents boasting about their children. Oh, not only did he get a place, he got 95% in the VR, we're so thrilled!'. This thread is vulgar and crass. Don't contribute to it, it's just rubbing the noses of the parents whose children haven't achieved a place in it.

Post by Guest »

I believe this thread was started as a result of others requests who didn't get the place at this time. You are forgetting the great supportive contributions made by Karen and others, they want to help this years cohort and provide information for next years lot. They are not boasting but if they wanted to should the results from the rooftops I wouldn't be offende,supporting you children means celebrating the good and being there for them for the bad, excellent life skills.It's your atitude that has made me shrink back when people have asked me about my daughter, yes she got her 1st choice chelmsford but none of her friends did and those friends parents have been full of congratulations and the atmosphere in the class bewtween the kids has been very supportive no matter if they did the 11+ or not.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now