Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:06 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am
Posts: 25
Does anyone with a son at SHSB know what a yr 7 home consultation is please? It's on the school calender for March but I'm intrigued as to what it may be? Thanks x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4584
Location: Essex
missymoo1972 wrote:
Does anyone with a son at SHSB know what a yr 7 home consultation is please? It's on the school calender for March but I'm intrigued as to what it may be? Thanks x


DS2 is in year 8 (so year 7 last year) and DS1 was at the school until a couple of years ago, and I have no idea! I can't imagine that it means that someone comes out to see you at home - they would be hard pushed to get round to all the OOC families in one day, let alone all 180 boys and anyway, why would they? I am also intrigued...

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8112
Maybe it is a new name for Parents Evening ?

Used to be called an "at home" when I was at school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:19 pm
Posts: 6255
I think you might be onto something there Herman - I seem to remember the same (I think). A consultation with "home" just in case the parents aren't the child's carers - inclusivity.

I'm intrigued to know.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4584
Location: Essex
Year 7 parents' evening was last term.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:19 pm
Posts: 6255
Well I'm flummoxed then....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm
Posts: 371
It's where the teachers may ring you at home or email you if they have particular concerns. It's usually a set time on a set day so that you know to be in then or if you don't receive a call or email at that time then everything is ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4584
Location: Essex
pinkrabbit38 wrote:
It's where the teachers may ring you at home or email you if they have particular concerns. It's usually a set time on a set day so that you know to be in then or if you don't receive a call or email at that time then everything is ok.


I assume that is something new this year, then? Definitely didn't have that arrangement for either of ours. Do parents set the time, or the school?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm
Posts: 371
ToadMum wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:
It's where the teachers may ring you at home or email you if they have particular concerns. It's usually a set time on a set day so that you know to be in then or if you don't receive a call or email at that time then everything is ok.


I assume that is something new this year, then? Definitely didn't have that arrangement for either of ours. Do parents set the time, or the school?


It happened last year too Toadmum. The school sent out a letter saying that you may get a call between 4pm and 5pm on a certain date (same date and time for everyone). I remember feeling nervous throughout the whole hour but thankfully we didn't get a call! We did however get an email praising his improvement in languages and pointers for helping him further.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm
Posts: 2809
I think it is mildly ridiculous, I'm afraid. If there is a problem, the teachers should not be waiting for a set time/day to be informing parents; they should be all over it, discussing it with the parents as it comes up - hanging around waiting till March just delays dealing with the problem. In the same way that there should be no surprises at Parents Evenings - any issues should have been identified already so that parents and teachers can form their Parents Evening discussion around any improvements/what more needs to be done etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016