Transport to Southend grammar schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tian

Transport to Southend grammar schools

Post by tian »

Last year, I was told about a company who does service from Hornchurch to grammar schools in Southend.
The company is called May mist. They don't have a website? Only email and phone no. I emailed to them to know prices long time ago but they never replied
Does anyone know more about them? Is someone using their service? I just wanted to know how it works and how much. I heard they are good company
ToadMum

Re: Transport to Southend grammar schools

Post by ToadMum »

I had occasion to ring the company the day that one of their coaches was parked i n the middle of a public bus stop opposite SHSB, forcing passengers using the local buses to get on and off in the road. According to DS2, the driver was usually to be found sitting on the wall next to the bus stop , smoking, but for some reason on this occasion he was willing to forgo this pleasure in pursuit of his goal of not opening the door, , however hard another would-be First bus user and I knocked on it. I had no luck at all in getting over to the woman at the other end of the phone just what the problem was, but Dr Bevan was at the gate seeing the pupils off for half term and he may have had more success in explaining that where the coach was parked was not where the school intended it to be.

Don't let me put you off using the company, though. One thing I would say for it, is that the Maymist coach does usually seem to have arrived at SHSG well in time for the start of the school day - at least, there is often one parked under the railway bridge on Lifstan Way by 8.25, whereas the consortium buses are sometimes only just pulling in to the drop off area at half past or a bit after. Again, though, the Maymist coach stops in the public bus stop outside the school, but spicy for some reason they are not allowed to use the proper area inside the shared SHSG / Futures entrance.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

Alright thank you for your information. As I said, I have been told about them by one boy who is attending the southend high school for boys in year 8. He told me that both his parents and him are happy with the service and safe. I cannot judge myself.

Thank you to let me know about it. I just would like to know if more people in this forum are using this service and if it is worthy and expesinve.
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

They sound wreckless and dangerous to me going by the previous post. I'd personally be asking the school the bar them from school runs as it's only a matter of time before they run someone down by the sound of things
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

Hi

we use crest coaches from Gidea park, we have had no issues and they take safety very seriously, howver they only go to the westcliff schools

Best
Ayesha
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you can get a train on the Southend Vic line, Prittlewell station is an easy walk from SHSB. You get heavily discounted rail travel for all the grammar schools as well :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

Thank you for your advise Ayesha and Toadmum.
I am thinking both options coach and c2c. We are leaving in Dagenham, and I would like to see which route would be more comfortable but at the same time not to be so expensive. I know that is impossible to have both of them.

I am sorry to ask you is crest coaches expensive Ayesha?
Thanks
Barbara
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

Hi Barbara,
It is 7.80 per day.

coach leaves Gidea park at 7.25 they normally get to the westcliff schools by 8.15 and coach leaves the school at 3.45 and arrives back normally between 4.20-4.30

Best
ifti_786

Post by ifti_786 »

Hi Barbara,

I am living in Becontree Heath and my son is using the removed coach service since September 2015 for Souuthend Boys. They take the children for Westcriff also. I drop him at Chadwell Heath Lane and the bus arrives at 07:02. Monthly charges are £120. I never had any issue and the are very punctual. My son never get late. I

Cheers.

Iftikhar

Please exchange details by Private Message facility
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now