CRGS Y7 2016 Intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
piprush

CRGS Y7 2016 Intake

Post by piprush »

Hi
Following on from a different thread I read, I wondered if any other parents would like our new intake to meet up before they start in September?
My son will be coming from Sudbury in Suffolk and is the only child from his school going, so I thought it would be nice for them meet to try and make the start in September a little less nerve-racking.
I look forward to hearing from you all
Pip
Cuddlermum

Re: CRGS Y7 2016 Intake

Post by Cuddlermum »

Hi Piprush

My son will be going to CRGS in Sept. I am definitely up for a meet up of some sort before then. I'll talk to ds tomorrow.
There will be another boy from his school going, but the more they know the easier it will be for them I guess. Also I was told that they get placed in separate classes from fellow primary school companions anyway.
We live in the north part of Colchester.
Look forward to some more responses hopefully and getting together later on.
Thanks for the suggestion Pip.
Cappuccino

Post by Cappuccino »

piprush wrote:Hi
Following on from a different thread I read, I wondered if any other parents would like our new intake to meet up before they start in September?
My son will be coming from Sudbury in Suffolk and is the only child from his school going, so I thought it would be nice for them meet to try and make the start in September a little less nerve-racking.
I look forward to hearing from you all
Pip
My son is also starting at CRGS. He will not know anyone when he starts school. I think it would really help if he could meet up with some other boys before September. An excellent idea!
On the Edge

Post by On the Edge »

Our dos will be starting in Sept too and a meet up sounds like a good idea. Incidentally. Has anyone received any paperwork/welcome pack from the school yet? It seems like other schools have already sent these out but we haven't received anything yet!
On the Edge

Post by On the Edge »

*ds not dos!
Cuddlermum

Post by Cuddlermum »

On the Edge wrote:Our dos will be starting in Sept too and a meet up sounds like a good idea. Incidentally. Has anyone received any paperwork/welcome pack from the school yet? It seems like other schools have already sent these out but we haven't received anything yet!
I haven't received anything yet either. From previous years posts it seems that CRGS take a few days to send anything out. I have been told that the parent/pupil info evening is planned for the 29th July.
KB

Post by KB »

I doubt it will be 29 July as that is after the end of term.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

It is generally the end of June with the boys induction day shortly after, so the 29th June would be feasible. External exams dont finish until 24th and the first week in July is pretty full with open days, cricket festival and the summer concert so it is likely to be that week again IMO. There is nothing on the website yet though.
piprush

Post by piprush »

Fabulous - it makes sense that we meet somewhere in Colchester. I am away until the 10th of August, but can meet up between then and the end of the holiday at some point. As I live in Sudbury I am not really aware of any 'good' places for 11 year old boys to meet! so maybe you can all offer some suggestions? I am happy to co-ordinate it all.
Pip
piprush

Post by piprush »

Hi
Just been in contact with CRGS - they are sending letters out on Friday.
HTH
Pip