Waiting Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kulot

Re: Waiting Lists

Post by Kulot »

My DS is 3rd on waiting list for CRGS with score of 337.985.
Does anyone know how many were accepted from CRGS waiting list last year?
Curious to know what our chances are...
thepackhorse

Post by thepackhorse »

Waiting lists can be a law unto themselves in that there could be lots of movement, none for ages or something in between. 3 years ago a friend's DD got a place at ColCHS in the middle of September!

For what it's worth, I've just heard that 2 families with places at ColCHS have chosen to go down the private school route (1 I heard first hand, the other is via an 11+ tutor) so there could be some movement soon for this school.

Stay positive everyone and I really hope the process works out for you all!
Last edited by thepackhorse on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
thepackhorse

Post by thepackhorse »

Kulot wrote:My DS is 3rd on waiting list for CRGS with score of 337.985.
I'll ask the parents of a current year 7 and post here with the response. Her DS got an offer on offer day but she may know some details of the waiting list.
Kulot

Post by Kulot »

Thanks thepackhorse :)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Have a look here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 70#p527087

Blitz collated the cutoff information last year; unfortunately, because the 'edit' function got changed, the various bits of info are dotted about the thread rather.

Obviously, there may have been places which were offered at lower scores, which no-one on the forum knew about / notified to Blitz.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
thepackhorse

Post by thepackhorse »

Kulot wrote:Thanks thepackhorse :)
Hi Kulot - I'm afraid she has no idea given that her son got in on offer day and he was the only one from his primary school (and other friends) to apply to CRGS. So Toadmum's suggestion is probably your best bet, though do bear in mind that, as she says, you're only seeing a part of the total picture (i.e. those people that post on here). I would say you'd be fine but every year is different...hence why we're on the waiting list with 332.031 whereas in previous years that would have got an offer on offer day.
Mama46

Post by Mama46 »

My DD is in the top five for SHSG, she got 319.19. They told us they will offer us a place soon, fingers crossed.

Called today to Southend Borough Council admissions team (many thanks Toadmum) and they confirmed she's 2nd on waiting list.
Last edited by Mama46 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kulot

Post by Kulot »

Thanks Toadmum and thepackhorse.
I'm hoping the trend from the previous years continue.
Good luck to everyone waiting!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Collated cut offs 2016 is now a 'sticky' at the top of the Essex section.

I have updated with all the waiting list positions.

Can I check a couple of things...
jaj366 wrote:Hi Packhorse

We are waiting for a review of our scholarship/bursary award at a local Indie. We have a place at Colchester CHSG with a score of 347.87 and will give it up if things work out at the Indie.

We are number 34 on the CCHS waiting list with a score of 102.35 - I am feeling pessimistic about getting a place.

Any thoughts welcome.
Is this an in-catchment score?

Mama46 wrote:My DD is in the top five for SHSG, she got 319.19. They told us they will offer us a place soon, finger crossed
Is she 5th on the waiting list, or 4th etc? It just helps to keep things accurate.

Thank you again for posting your waiting list positions. Blitz
yet so far

Post by yet so far »

My DS was 3rd on waiting list many moons ago in 2010 and was given his place at CRGS on 24th March. So hope you will not be waiting too long! Obviously things have changed a lot since then as we did not even know the exam score until March 1st back then but there are more places now so hopefully more chance of people turning down a place.