SHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: SHSB

Post by ToadMum »

mags18 wrote:Is there a way for combined Train/Bus discounted tickets for children travelling to school?

I was suggested 'Scholars Seasons Ticket' which would cover only train;Based in Benfleet ,so SouthEnd Central seems logical stop and take bus from there.

Otherwise switch trains to reach Prittlewell and perhaps walk from there?
You can add 'PlusBus' to your Scholars Season, but that part is not discounted. At the moment, a four-weekly child rate Octopus season ticket costs £42 (this will inevitably go up in about November) so it might be worth investigating how much the PlusBus would be. If you are on the (First Bus) 21 bus route, your DS could get that all the way to school for just the price of the Octopus; not sure how long it takes. There is also the 822 which seems to make its way round most of the secondary schools, but again, I'm not sure of the timing (it ends up at SHSG just in time). (Come to think of it, though, I haven't seen the 822 for while, but that may just be a relative timing thing :) ).

We don't use the train for SHSB, so I'm not sure whether the Scholars site lets you choose which Southend station to use - you may have to ring them if you are starting from a c2c station and terminating your journey at a Greater Anglia one (they are usually very helpful on the phone, though).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Re: SHSB

Post by tian »

Hi
The plus bus costs £22.75 pm and £6.15 weekly