Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:48 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:21 pm
Posts: 21
Hi. My son's is yet to have a visit or be invited as per original letter (three of them going IC) but can I ask if anyone has heard anymore relating to the visit 1st July? Do you know if they wear uniform, potentially what they need to take with then? Where to go? Etc. Also i've heard no more regarding the Olympiad event either, any one else?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4601
Location: Essex
Moomin2015 wrote:
Hi. My son's is yet to have a visit or be invited as per original letter (three of them going IC) but can I ask if anyone has heard anymore relating to the visit 1st July? Do you know if they wear uniform, potentially what they need to take with then? Where to go? Etc. Also i've heard no more regarding the Olympiad event either, any one else?


Unless it's changed in the past couple of years, they should wear uniform for induction day on the 1st. You leave them at the gate and they are sorted into their form groups on the asphalted area at the front of the school. From memory, they just need a pencil case (both our DSs also took a document wallet to hold anything that they might be given on the day, like the year 7 Survival Guide)., plus their packed lunch if they are having one (attack least up to the year before last, a free lunch was part of the day - and their fish and chips are very good, I'm told :lol: . So worth having, even if you have to pay for them now).

As for the visit from a member of staff, we didn't have any notice two years ago when DS2 was in year 6; he just mentioned one day that someone had been to see him and his friend.

As for the Olympiad, all I can remember is that the boys who were participating need to turn up at the beginning of the afternoon. I was on the gate for most of the afternoon last year and spent half an hour or so pointing year 6s and 7s over to the Music Rehearsal Area to be 'organised'. Plus a not very tall year 10 who happened to interrupt the 'flow' :shock:. But the less page about that, the better.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:21 pm
Posts: 21
Thank you for all the information, that's really helpful. Think maybe i'm a worried mummy stressing too much too early!
Re the Olympiad, funnily I can imagine that may be my ds in few years time... He's only small and unfortunately common sense does not come naturally to him....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4601
Location: Essex
Moomin2015 wrote:
Thank you for all the information, that's really helpful. Think maybe i'm a worried mummy stressing too much too early!
Re the Olympiad, funnily I can imagine that may be my ds in few years time... He's only small and unfortunately common sense does not come naturally to him....


Oh, I got a withering look, I can assure you - it was actually a boy I knew :oops: . I was just in full, head down, get them where they're meant to be going mode and all I had really registered was that he was in the right sort of range for height :lol: .

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm
Posts: 69
Hi Moomin2015,
During half term I received an email with a letter attached regarding the induction day for 1st July and 2 July for olympiad.

On the letter states that u leave the child at main entrance, the child has to come with his primary school uniform, bring a pencil case, free lunch for the child and u just need to give to him a snack or some money if he wants to buy it from the school.

It is weird u haven't received anything yet. If u look the topic SHSB u will see that another parent received the email too.
I would advise u to give them a call and ask.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4601
Location: Essex
tian wrote:
Hi Moomin2015,
During half term I received an email with a letter attached regarding the induction day for 1st July and 2 July for olympiad.

On the letter states that u leave the child at main entrance, the child has to come with his primary school uniform, bring a pencil case, free lunch for the child and u just need to give to him a snack or some money if he wants to buy it from the school.

It is weird u haven't received anything yet. If u look the topic SHSB u will see that another parent received the email too.
I would advise u to give them a call and ask.


Check spam folder?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm
Posts: 69
Sorry I was in a rush and forgot to mention that the letter also states that if your DS's primary school includes a ties as uniform, he needs to wear it too. They need to arrive between 9 and 9.15 at the main entrance and collect our DS at 3pm from the hard playground at the Prittlewell Chase Entrance.

Regarding the Olympiad, it starts at 12 and finish at 4pm. They can wear sporty, tracksuit, shorts, etc.

These are the main info, once you receive the letter you can see more details.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm
Posts: 69
I just have a doubt regarding entrances.
If the hard playground is Pritwell Chase Entrance, where is the main entrance then please?
Last time I entered by the Pritwell Chase one.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4601
Location: Essex
tian wrote:
I just have a doubt regarding entrances.
If the hard playground is Pritwell Chase Entrance, where is the main entrance then please?
Last time I entered by the Pritwell Chase one.

Thanks


The main entrance is the one on PrIttlewell Chase; the playground in question is on the left hand side as you look towards the school. You will note able to park in the school grounds and parking is quite restricted in the roads around, so this would be a good day to try out your DS's public transport route to school.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SHSB visit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm
Posts: 69
Hi Toadmum,
thank you, that's clear now. I started to think there was another entrance.
I don't have car, however despite his daddy's offer to take him by car, DS wants to come by public transport to get used to and I totally agree about it. This Thursday DS will have the chance to try already. He is so committed and excited about it. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016