Has anyone received an offer since the reshuffle?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Essex Mum

Has anyone received an offer since the reshuffle?

Post by Essex Mum »

The day has now passed for which you should have advised the LEA if you are not accepting the offer of a state school that was offered to you. Also, the local independant schools have now had their final days for acceptance.

I know of some movement in the waiting lists. Has anyone received an offer for a school since the reshuffle? or is anyone very close on the waiting lists?
guestz

Post by guestz »

My child is close on the list...we are now just waiting with fingers crossed...how are you aware of some movement on the lists ? and which Schools have had the movement ?
Essex Mum

Post by Essex Mum »

I have had 2 friends that have both rang the schools direct that they are on the waiting list for, to be told that they have moved quite a long way up the list and are now very close.

However, I know someone else, who has their child on a list for a very popular comprehensive school in Chelmsford and they have moved down the list. When she asked how this could happpen, she was told other people had joined the list who live closer to the school than they did! I was amazed, I didn't think you could join a list.
Essex Girl

moving up and down a list

Post by Essex Girl »

Hi all,

You can move down a comprehensive list if someone moves into the area and has a great claim to the place than you, ie you can be 5th on the list and 500 meters from the school and someone moves into the area 450 meters from the school.
Essex Mum

Post by Essex Mum »

I understand that can happen Essex Girl, but my friend rang up and they were 25th place and three days later when they rang they were 30th place. 5 people moving into the area in 3 days is quite a lot.
guestz

Post by guestz »

Essex Mum - Thanks for the feedback, certainly sounds promising...do you know which schools your friends had rung and moved up the list ??
Essex Mum

Post by Essex Mum »

Gusetz - one I think was Westcliff, the othe was Great Baddow High.
Essex Girl

Moving up and down a list

Post by Essex Girl »

Hi Essex mum (and others)

Yes, five places down does seem to be a lot in that short space of time, even with people moving into the area. There was one other thing I wondered.

Example: A child's nearest school is Chelmer Valley but they prefer Moulsham and put Moulsham down first.

The child is offered Moulsham but discovers all friends are going to Chelmer Valley (which was the second choice). Is it possible for the parent of the child to phone the authorities and ask for their child to be added to the waiting list for their second choice school, in which case, would they then be further up the list because they live nearer than others?

If this is the case, then it might explain some of the movement!?
JJ

Post by JJ »

Is anyone aware of any new movements on waiting lists for either of the Southend Grammars ?
Hopeful 4u

Post by Hopeful 4u »

JJ wrote:Is anyone aware of any new movements on waiting lists for either of the Southend Grammars ?
I believe there must be, as a friends daughter was offered (last Saturday)
Chelmsford, and would be giving up Westcliff.

Do hope this helps. Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now