SHSG bus travel from Basildon?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

missymoo1972

SHSG bus travel from Basildon?

Post by missymoo1972 »

Does anyone know if any coach/bus company travels from Basildon/Billericay to SHSG? I know about the train journey but for the first year would prefer the bus. Thank you x
ToadMum

Re: SHSG bus travel from Basildon?

Post by ToadMum »

missymoo1972 wrote:Does anyone know if any coach/bus company travels from Basildon/Billericay to SHSG? I know about the train journey but for the first year would prefer the bus. Thank you x
Loads of girls travel by train - especially from Basildon it's a very simple journey and I should imagine with the Scholars' Season ticket much cheaper than a private coach. From Billericay there is the cost of the PlusBus to factor in, but again, loads of girls (and SHSB boys, who get out at Prittlewell) travel that way and the connecting buses stop right at the school. Public transport is much more flexible when it comes to after-school activities, or just stopping off in town for a milkshake or whatever with your friends on the way home (our three would recommend Utopia down by the Travel Centre :D ). Children (should, at least :)) grow up a lot in year 7.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

No bus from Billericay, but lots of girls go on the train - your daughter would have plenty of travelling companions.
Mama46

Post by Mama46 »

Loads of girls travel by train - especially from Basildon it's a very simple journey and I should imagine with the Scholars' Season ticket much cheaper than a private coach. From Billericay there is the cost of the PlusBus to factor in, but again, loads of girls (and SHSB boys, who get out at Prittlewell) travel that way and the connecting buses stop right at the school. Public transport is much more flexible when it comes to after-school activities, or just stopping off in town for a milkshake or whatever with your friends on the way home (our three would recommend Utopia down by the Travel Centre :D ). Children (should, at least :)) grow up a lot in year 7.[/quote]

Hi Toadmum, agree with you, train is the best way to get to SHSG. I went on the train with my DD on induction day and there was plenty of SHSG girls getting on Laindon, Basildon, etc. I felt she'll be well accompanied on her future journeys.
By the way, you mention the Scholars' Season ticket. Could you please advice me where to get it? I've been asking on several stations and nobody seems to know (several times they told me they don't hold that information at their terminal???). I checked on-line about the smart card that can hold several tickets, but I'm not sure my DD can get one being 11 years old.
Thanks in advance

Sorry, forgot to say she'll be travelling from Laindon to Southend East
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Mama46 wrote:Loads of girls travel by train - especially from Basildon it's a very simple journey and I should imagine with the Scholars' Season ticket much cheaper than a private coach. From Billericay there is the cost of the PlusBus to factor in, but again, loads of girls (and SHSB boys, who get out at Prittlewell) travel that way and the connecting buses stop right at the school. Public transport is much more flexible when it comes to after-school activities, or just stopping off in town for a milkshake or whatever with your friends on the way home (our three would recommend Utopia down by the Travel Centre :D ). Children (should, at least :)) grow up a lot in year 7.
Hi Toadmum, agree with you, train is the best way to get to SHSG. I went on the train with my DD on induction day and there was plenty of SHSG girls getting on Laindon, Basildon, etc. I felt she'll be well accompanied on her future journeys.
By the way, you mention the Scholars' Season ticket. Could you please advice me where to get it? I've been asking on several stations and nobody seems to know (several times they told me they don't hold that information at their terminal???). I checked on-line about the smart card that can hold several tickets, but I'm not sure my DD can get one being 11 years old.
Thanks in advance

Sorry, forgot to say she'll be travelling from Laindon to Southend East[/quote]

See my reply on your 'Laindon' thread :D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now