Travelling to CRGS from Billericay

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

butterfly36

Travelling to CRGS from Billericay

Post by butterfly36 »

Hi - does anyone have a child that currently attend CRGS (Colchester Royal Grammar) from the Billericay area?

Does anyone know what transport options there would be for this? I wonder if it's too long a journey to undertake each day just driving child there myself?

Any help appreciated
KB

Re: Travelling to CRGS from Billericay

Post by KB »

There is a bus that comes out as far as Baddow/Danbury area so you could drive DS in to the closest point to you to catch that?
Or to a train station on the line in to Colchester ( Ingatestone?) but then it's a trek/ bus at the Colchester end .
I would imagine you are looking at 40mins each way to drive, more in busy traffic maybe ( that area of Colchester gets very busy from 8am and at school end time with so many schools close together).
ToadMum

Re: Travelling to CRGS from Billericay

Post by ToadMum »

butterfly36 wrote:Hi - does anyone have a child that currently attend CRGS (Colchester Royal Grammar) from the Billericay area?

Does anyone know what transport options there would be for this? I wonder if it's too long a journey to undertake each day just driving child there myself?

Any help appreciated
Train from Billericay to Shenfield, change for Colchester or Colchester Town, then quite a walk, or bus (from Colchester station, not sure about Colchester Town, but the walk from there is a bit less, I think). Or start at Ingatestone, as KB suggests, as it cuts out the 'going backwards' section.

Bus to Chelmsford bus station (does the First 100 go via Billericay?), direct train to Colchester / CT, then bus / walk.

I have to ask, but seriously, why would you want to? Both SHSB and KEGS (being near both the bus and railway stations in Chelmsford) are so much easier and quicker to get to - SHSB one train and an easy walk from Prittlewell station.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now