Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

seriousmum

Re: CSSE Examination Dates

Post by seriousmum »

...or did they get the heads up from children in an earlier sitting..... :cry:
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Read the thread. They use a different paper for the backup date and last year the texts were really quite different. Knowing all the details about the first one would not have helped you at all with the second one. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

seriousmum wrote:...or did they get the heads up from children in an earlier sitting..... :cry:
What earlier sitting? The 17th was the main sitting and the reserve date is tomorrow.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Essex_Dad

Post by Essex_Dad »

seriousmum wrote:...or did they get the heads up from children in an earlier sitting..... :cry:
My son was in the morning sitting, there was no earlier sitting than his one.
:D
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

ToadMum wrote:
What earlier sitting? The 17th was the main sitting and the reserve date is tomorrow.
I was assuming a morning session beforehand... My daughter was in the second session for the CEM exam. Did CSSE have sessions? I recall when my son sat his CSSE exam four years ago, we walked past kids (who had just finished the morning session) on our way to Kegs.
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

Essex_Dad wrote:
Ah ok, they definitely had more than one CSSE session years ago. That i am certain of.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

seriousmum wrote:
Essex_Dad wrote:
Ah ok, they definitely had more than one CSSE session years ago. That i am certain of.
They still do - but the reserve date session hasn't happened yet.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

They still do - but the reserve date session hasn't happened yet.[/quote]

I do not wish to continue with a pointless debate. I probably shouldn't have posted anything to start with as it has only caused confusion. My point is that a few years ago, probably due to oversubscription, they had an early morning session and another session afterwards on the same day. The reserve exam still took place a week or two after.
SlighlyStressedMum

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

The CSSE still do that. Well at least they did last year. The start of the alphabet was at the morning session at kegs, the latter half of the alphabet in the afternoon. Not sure there is much time to pass info though, we passed friends on the way in as we left, no time to say anything more than good luck!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I cant speak for all the schools, but when mine sat the exam at Colchester schools the later sitting arrived, checked in and were in a holding area before the first sitting left. So definitely no oportunity to talk to each other.
A passing in the street scenario would not fit with the boast of having "memorised the answers" anyway.
I heard plenty of children declaring how easy the exam was, how everything their tutor had told them had come up etc last year. Several of these came no where near a pass mark. It is most likely bravado from very young children after the most scary experience of their education so far.