Appeals to Super-selectives in Essex 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dreamfactory

Appeals to Super-selectives in Essex 2017

Post by dreamfactory »

Nickynackynoo wrote:If anyone has any information on the appeals process and what are classed as good reasons, please message me as I have a child that wants me to go through the process. As far as my DD is concerned it is well worth the fight (I have to agree). Any info would be much appreciated.

Same here. I couldn't find any information on case or the school website. How do we appeal pls help.

I have moved this post to its own thread as the original one was 2 years old
Etienne

Re: Appeals to Super-selectives in Essex 2017

Post by Etienne »

Suggest you read the appeals section:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You cannot normally appeal until March, at which time you ought to be given details about how to proceed.
Etienne
ToadMum

Re: Appeals to Super-selectives in Essex 2017

Post by ToadMum »

Etienne wrote:Suggest you read the appeals section:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You cannot normally appeal until March, at which time you ought to be given details about how to proceed.
As am appeal is for a place at a school which has turned down your application for a place (in the normal admissions round, this is by submitting your LA's CAF naming the school as one of your preferences, you won't need to submit the appeal for until you have actually been rejected on March 1st.

Details regarding the appeals process should be in your local authority's Secondary School Admissions booklet - e.g. for Essex CC for 2016 / 2017, it is on pages 18 - 19, so I would assume it to be in about the same place in the 2017 / 2018 version, but I haven't got a copy of that.. It should also be on the website.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx