Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: CCHS CEM Results - 2017 Entry

Post by ToadMum »

payal wrote:Hi
My dd scored pretty well in CSSE= 363
but in CCHS scored 107.7
I am in ilford but bit confused between schools.
our first choice is CCHS but we are outside catchment. Can someone advice?
TIA
These are the statistics for 2016 entry, copied over from the 'Collated cut-offs' thread:

Post subject: Re: Collated cut offs 2016

Thank you 'havinghope'. We will keep our finger's crossed. 

Cut offs updated with 'havinghope' DD's place offered in Oct 16.

CEM exam:

CCHS
i/c 105.61 offered
i/c 105 (not offered 2nd on w/l offered 23.3.16)
i/c 104.53 not offered (7th- offered 30.6.16 and 8th on the w/l- offered 2.9.16) Two girls with same score- closest to school highest on w/l
i/c 104.09 not offered (13th on w/l)
i/c 102.35 not offered (34th on the w/l)

o/c 118.39 offered
o/c 113.29 not offered (29th on w/l)
o/c 112.90 not offered (36th on w/l) 
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Vincakes

Post by Vincakes »

Hi all,

So according to last years results 118.something was cut off for CCHS o/c however am I right to say this years results were not as high as expected? So would this shift?

My dilemma is we are o/c and DD scored 117.32

Any advice please
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Vincakes wrote:Hi all,

So according to last years results 118.something was cut off for CCHS o/c however am I right to say this years results were not as high as expected? So would this shift?

My dilemma is we are o/c and DD scored 117.32

Any advice please
If it is genuinely your first preference, put it first on your CAF. Put your genuine second preference second....and so on. You don't know how those with higher scores will rank the school.

If you can't be offered your first preference, you will be put on the waiting list for that school (or be told on March 1st that you are eligible to go on the waiting list, it may not be automatic, you need to check) and your next ranked school becomes your effective first preference - and so on down your list, if necessary.

(However, if taking up a place would mean moving house, then it would be sensible to consider whether you could do that in a hurry if you got a waiting list place, or whether it would be more sensible to focus on a more logistically feasible preference).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anagar79

Post by anagar79 »

Tinkers wrote:
Toniwithani wrote:
anagar79 wrote:I am not sure about this but from the view that very few people have posted results (3-4) , seems like the result wasn't that good as expected. My dd too scored low 100.05 whereas we were expecting something about 120 :(

So in my view the borderline this year should be relatively low.. last year highest score was 140-145 but this year it is 131. So I am expecting anyone having more the 95 might have a chance to get in CCHS.

As per the result sheet from CCHS :-
106 - 131 Green (Sure)
94.5 - 106 Amber (likely)
Hi our DD also scored 100.something, which I fear will be too low to get offered a place at CCHS (unless the cut-off is lower this year as anagar79 suggests may be the case).

She scored 333.6 in the 11+, which someone has suggested gives her a good chance of being offered a place at CCHSG which is our second choice.

My question is this...if we still put CCHS down as our first choice (on the off-chance this years marks are generally lower) and we don't get a place, are we reducing the chances of getting offered a Colchester place as it would be our second choice ?

Does she stand a greater chance of getting a place at Colchester if we list it as our first choice rather than our second ? or does it not work like that.

Also, what chances do people think she has of getting a place at either with those scores (CSSE 333.6, CEM 100.??), based on what is known so far ?

Thanks.

Put your schools down in your true order of preference. Schools don't know where you put them and it has no bearing on whether you get a place. You get the highest school tha can offer you a place.
It's called the equal preference system and works like this simple example
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Agree!!
mum2twogirls

Post by mum2twogirls »

My DD had a nightmare on the day of CCHS exam. She was unexpectedly emotional :? and came out very deflated. She scored 99.34, so am assuming even with a lower top score in the "Sure" category compared to last year (I read this on another post) that the top 300 girls still only goes as low as 106, suggesting we are miles away?

Does anyone know what the marks were for last years "sure" category in the results letter, for the top 300 girls?

I'm hoping her 339.144 CSSE is enough for Colchester!

Well done to all those with great scores :)
TheNextLevel

Post by TheNextLevel »

mum2twogirls wrote:My DD had a nightmare on the day of CCHS exam. She was unexpectedly emotional :? and came out very deflated. She scored 99.34, so am assuming even with a lower top score in the "Sure" category compared to last year (I read this on another post) that the top 300 girls still only goes as low as 106, suggesting we are miles away?

Does anyone know what the marks were for last years "sure" category in the results letter, for the top 300 girls?

I'm hoping her 339.144 CSSE is enough for Colchester!

Well done to all those with great scores :)

I believe that is promising score. You will be fine eventually. The same row score last have had lower standardised mark.
pure76

Post by pure76 »

6 girls from my daughters year at our local state school did the CEM this year and below are their results. I don't have the exact numbers so I have rounded them down.

- 110, 111, 113, 114, 117 , 6th one did not pass.

all confirmed as the girls all took their letter into school today.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

pure76 wrote:6 girls from my daughters year at our local state school did the CEM this year and below are their results. I don't have the exact numbers so I have rounded them down.

What do you mean by the 6th one did not pass? There isn't a pass mark for CCHS!
pure76

Post by pure76 »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
pure76 wrote:6 girls from my daughters year at our local state school did the CEM this year and below are their results. I don't have the exact numbers so I have rounded them down.

she got 44.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

pure76 wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:

she got 44.
That doesn't mean she didn't pass, as I've already said there is no pass mark!