Results day today 2016 CSSE - What did you do? Just for fun

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pure76

Results day today 2016 CSSE - What did you do? Just for fun

Post by pure76 »

Hi all,
Today is nearly over and some of us are eagerly awaiting the CEM results, just for a bit of fun, does anyone want to share their cute stories of how their dc's reacted to their results, did you do it casually and tell them their results or did you make a big fuss??? What were their reactions?

In a prev post I posted about the dilemma of whether to let my dd see the results first as she had requested that I not open the results letter or check online......well that was the intention.......didn't last long. didn't open the letter, though had arrived by 7.45am, believe me this took every ounce of will power. Cracked and checked online just before 10.
Havnt admitted that to my dd though and had to act all surprised when she opened her later. I made a big fuss of her and laid out an indoor picnic with all her favourite treats and foods and the letter in the middle taking pride of place. Wanted to make it a celebration of her efforts. Her face when she saw the results was a picture of happiness. A picture that will be stored to memory and cherished.

Her and my ds then proceeded to do a victory dance which had us all in stitches.
Cannot wait for March and see if we get any GS offers....my dd has done so well and this journey has boosted her confidence so much.. this would apply to all dc's today I'm guessing whatever the results, they will be in a strong position in their English and maths levels.

Also those that are looking at the results and getting nervous/losing confidence as they are comparing their own dcs resuts to those, remember these are just a small proportion and not the entire picture.

I spoke to a mother at the school gates today who said 'my dd only got 303' to which I was quite surprised as we are all aware that even to get those sorts of marks requires so much work and input from the children and the places for GS are so fierce and competition is immense. didn't say anything in response, but my reply (in my mind only) was 'get some perspective lady and give your dd a pat on the back' Maybe she should have given a CSSE past paper a go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I had a go myself at a few of them and must admit some questions were scary. ALGEBRA! YUCK!!
voyagers

Re: Results day today 2016 CSSE - What did you do? Just for

Post by voyagers »

I looked at the results first - there was no way I was waiting for him to come home. I told him as soon as he walked through the door and we had a hug. I stressed that he got great results because he worked so hard. He knows he is bright but we always stress that it's the hard work that is the important part.

Then we went out to Toby carvery with my parents and my daughter's friend. He ate 5 yorkshire puddings and an icecream. We put up a big poster saying "Well done" and put tinsel round his chair. His nanny and pappy gave him some money. My daughter used her staff discount and the meal only came to 50 squid so was a cheap date!
pure76

Post by pure76 »

voyagers wrote:I looked at the results first - there was no way I was waiting for him to come home. I told him as soon as he walked through the door and we had a hug. I stressed that he got great results because he worked so hard. He knows he is bright but we always stress that it's the hard work that is the important part.

Then we went out to Toby carvery with my parents and my daughter's friend. He ate 5 yorkshire puddings and an icecream. We put up a big poster saying "Well done" and put tinsel round his chair. His nanny and pappy gave him some money. My daughter used her staff discount and the meal only came to 50 squid so was a cheap date!
That sounds lovely, Well worth all that hard work for the Yorkshire puddings alone. Well done to your son and many congratulations to you all :D
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

same here I had to look at the results, when my son come home he was too nervous to open the letter when he did there was lots of screaming and running around, so proud of him, we all went out for dessert at our local dessert shop.
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

Checked and rechecked online (at work). Brought the envelope round to DS to open after school, which he did in front of his mates. Congratulations all round, and the biggest McD meal ever for dinner :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now