Boys - scores this year (CRGS)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
veryproudmum

Boys - scores this year (CRGS)

Post by veryproudmum »

Hi
I have been looking at the forum over the last few days and have seen many post their scores. Many of the higher scores seem to be from girls. Is there any indication that maybe the boys scores could be lower? I know they are marked in the school where the test was sat.
I suppose I am interested whether maybe CRGS scores maybe lower than on the 4 year history sheet. It does say they might be different this year.
Obviously it is a long shot as my DS score was lower than we had hoped.
Thanks
KB

Re: Boys - scores this year (CRGS)

Post by KB »

It's possible the school may give an indication if you visit the open afternoon next week.

It's impossible to tell from looking at a small self selecting sample what the overall picture might be but it's very unlikely that there would be a significant difference year on year in the lowest mark getting offered a place. The CSSE are covering themselves with notes on the guidance sheet but it's pretty much the best indicator you can get hold of unless the school are prepared to say anything.

I have mixed views about the new system. I understand the reasons for it but in the past you didn't know anything until allocation day whereas now you have the scores very quickly. For some that makes things pretty clear but for borderline cases I fear it just adds to the stress.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now