Did anyone's DC do the King John test on Saturday?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JUSTPOPPY

Did anyone's DC do the King John test on Saturday?

Post by JUSTPOPPY »

And if so what did they think?

My DS took it and said it was harder than the 11+. :shock: That said, we had done a lot of prep for the 11+ and not an enormous amount of specific VR prep so this could be why.
anagar79

Re: Did anyone's DC do the King John test on Saturday?

Post by anagar79 »

My ds and couple of her friends appeared for the exam too and they said they were tense in last 5 mins and had to leave last 2-3 questions... 50 mins 80 questions.. too much for the kids of this age.

Lets hope for the best.. :-)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

anagar79 wrote:My ds and couple of her friends appeared for the exam too and they said they were tense in last 5 mins and had to leave last 2-3 questions... 50 mins 80 questions.. too much for the kids of this age.

Lets hope for the best.. :-)
80 questions in 50 minutes is a stand GL format and the one which King John has used for many years without any candidates keeling over in the effort, so I'm sure they'll be fine. All three of ours took the exam for KJS and tbh regarded it as just a bit of a detour to their Saturday morning routine.

Until a couple of years ago, the CSSE exam consisted of a Maths paper, an English paper and a VR paper of the same format as King John, all in the same sitting.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jumpingjack

Post by jumpingjack »

JUSTPOPPY wrote:And if so what did they think?

My DS took it and said it was harder than the 11+. :shock: That said, we had done a lot of prep for the 11+ and not an enormous amount of specific VR prep so this could be why.
My DS took the test. Found it easy and was relaxed. Possibly this exam was if he did not get into any grammar. Yes I agree it was very different from the CSSE experience. I hope you get your DS in your preferred school. Best wishes.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now