CCHS Chelmsford 2017 entry/starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pure76

CCHS Chelmsford 2017 entry/starters

Post by pure76 »

Hi all,

Congratulations to all parents and children for surviving the 11 plus journey and hope you are happy with the school allocated to your dc's. Also, fingers crossed and best of luck to those waiting for places on waiting lists xx

My dd is starting CCHS in September and I thought I would start a thread for us CCHS 2017 parents too.
How exciting!!!!!!!

So far we have had a posted pack which arrived a day after school allocations day containing a letter asking whether we were accepting or declining a place and info about a parents meeting and also an intro day for the girls, both dates in June.

Then yesterday, we received an email asking us to complete some forms online aswell as an online application requesting extra info from what was provided for the original CCHS exam application and also details of three sports coaching courses, the girls could participate in around April/May time - one hour sessions lasting a few weeks.

Did anyone else receive these things separately or did you get them together???? I was surprised to get the emailed one only one day ago with a deadline for tomorrow (15th April) as they do look like they should all be in one pack.

Are your dd's excited??? Mine has been on cloud nine since getting the letter :D :D :D Im sooo proud of her and excited for her and think she will be exposed to so many different experiences and be given many opportunities throughout her school life at CCHS. She is particularly looking forward to all the extra curricular clubs, wearing the uniform and ..............having her own locker. :lol:
littlemissm

Re: CCHS Chelmsford 2017 entry/starters

Post by littlemissm »

Hello !
My dd is also starting CCHS in September and is really looking forward to it.
We received the letter from CCHS in the post with the acceptance slip the day after allocations day. In the letter it mentioned completing the online forms and gave us an id and password for the website. We also got the email earlier this week asking us to complete the same forms.
My dd is very excited and looking forward to the sports sessions and induction day ! Is you dd going to the sports sessions? I haven't heard if many go but I think it would be nice to meet some of the girls and get to know the school a little.
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

Congratulations everyone - your DDs' will hopefully have a wonderful time at CCHS.
I was surprised to get the emailed one only one day ago with a deadline for tomorrow (15th April) as they do look like they should all be in one pack.
15th April is next month - plenty of time :D

Even if your DD isn't sporty, it is worth trying to attend one of the sports sessions. My DD found them a really useful way of meeting people and starting to get familiar with the school.
pure76

Post by pure76 »

littlemissm wrote:Hello !
We received the letter from CCHS in the post with the acceptance slip the day after allocations day. In the letter it mentioned completing the online forms and gave us an id and password for the website. We also got the email earlier this week asking us to complete the same forms.
My dd is very excited and looking forward to the sports sessions and induction day ! Is you dd going to the sports sessions? I haven't heard if many go but I think it would be nice to meet some of the girls and get to know the school a little.
Hi, well done and congratulations to you and your dd :D
I just checked all through the first lot of letters we received and cant see anything with the online access details on there. I think some paperwork must be missing, hence why I was a bit confused when I received the online application email.
Yes, my daughter is attending the sports sessions (even though she is not very sporty, but does do netball after school) and the induction day. As the sports sessions are for an hour each in the evening, I'm guessing that it may be harder for those living further away to attend.
I have heard that they get a reading list for the summer holidays to read ready for Sept. Not sure how true this is. Can any one with dds already at CCHS kindly confirm this???? and are they strict about their coats being specifically Navy or Black?? dds just growing out of her current one so I will hold off getting a new one until just before Sept. Any tips from parents of current/past CCHS students would be greatly received??? any purchases to not bother with from the equipment/uniform list or best buys, things to look out for etc, are the school hot dinners poplular??
Many thanks :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
pure76

Post by pure76 »

15th April is next month - plenty of time :D

Whoops - Meant 15th March :oops:

:lol: :lol:
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

pure76 wrote:
I just checked all through the first lot of letters we received and cant see anything with the online access details on there. I think some paperwork must be missing, hence why I was a bit confused when I received the online application email.
Yes, my daughter is attending the sports sessions (even though she is not very sporty, but does do netball after school) and the induction day. As the sports sessions are for an hour each in the evening, I'm guessing that it may be harder for those living further away to attend.
I have heard that they get a reading list for the summer holidays to read ready for Sept. Not sure how true this is. Can any one with dds already at CCHS kindly confirm this???? and are they strict about their coats being specifically Navy or Black?? dds just growing out of her current one so I will hold off getting a new one until just before Sept. Any tips from parents of current/past CCHS students would be greatly received??? any purchases to not bother with from the equipment/uniform list or best buys, things to look out for etc, are the school hot dinners poplular??
My DD1 is in year 8. She did the sports sessions even though she's not sporty, there were lots of children at each session. During these sessions you'll receive a letter about your daughter's swimming ability as they need to be at a certain standard by September. In June before the induction day your daughter will receive a letter from a year 7 in your daughter's house, they will then meet up with your daughter on induction day....usually with sweets and crisps etc. When my daughter started some of the girls didn't receive the reading list (my daughter being one) but it had no effect on her start....I don't think the books were ever mentioned.
There will be uniform days in June and July that you can book in for....I think we have used everything we purchased. The embroiderers will also be there for you to arrange for the sports kit to be embroidered.
littlemissm

Post by littlemissm »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
pure76 wrote:
My DD1 is in year 8. She did the sports sessions even though she's not sporty, there were lots of children at each session. During these sessions you'll receive a letter about your daughter's swimming ability as they need to be at a certain standard by September. In June before the induction day your daughter will receive a letter from a year 7 in your daughter's house, they will then meet up with your daughter on induction day....usually with sweets and crisps etc. When my daughter started some of the girls didn't receive the reading list (my daughter being one) but it had no effect on her start....I don't think the books were ever mentioned.
There will be uniform days in June and July that you can book in for....I think we have used everything we purchased. The embroiderers will also be there for you to arrange for the sports kit to be embroidered.
Thanks for the tips, DD is still very excited !

Anyone know what is happening with the Design & Technology subjects at CCHS? I heard they weren't offered as GCSE options to the year 9 girls that just chose their options and just looked at the GCSE curriculum for 2017-2019 on the website and can't see them.

Thanks !
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

This is what my DD has said about DT too.
local_lass

Post by local_lass »

Yes that is right - Graphic Design and Textiles are not being offered as GCSE subjects to the current Year 9. They still have creative options to choose from - Art, Drama, Music, Computer Science
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

The whole DT dept (graphics, textiles etc.) is going in July 2018. Very sad news especially as they promoted girls pursuing STEM careers and did so well in National engineering competitions.