Filling in CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stressedmum!

Filling in CAF

Post by stressedmum! »

Hi, I've just filled in the CAF putting Colchester Girls as first preference. Just a quick query, has anyone put anything on the additional notes page for each school, where you can add comments about the application to the school? It says that any comments should only refer to the schools admissions policy, so should I put my DD 11+ SS score here or is it linked automatically to the application? Also, DD has sibling in Upper Sixth Form at the school, should this be specified on the CAF seeing that she will leave when hopefully DD starts? Sorry for all the queries!! :o
voyagers

Re: Filling in CAF

Post by voyagers »

Dr Bevan did say that there was no need to make note of the scores. He said they were stored by the consortium. However, I did mention in that box that my son had passed the 11+. With regards to the upper 6th student, I haven't checked the school's admission policy but usually a sibling isn't relevant when they're in year 11 or above.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I've never put anything in that box. The CSSE and the LEAs will communicate with regards to scores, you do not need to tell them and there is no sibling policy for ColCHSG. I think the only things that would be relevent is information that relates to the admission policy, eg looked after child, free school meals, health issues etc.
Bikkigirl

Post by Bikkigirl »

Sibling is relevant for some schools and I suggest you read the policy for any school where there is a sibling. KEGs policy will prioritise sibling where there is a tied score so you should note it if their admission policy refers to siblings.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Another thing that is sometimes listed is information for those appying to faith schools.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Another thing that is sometimes listed is information for those appying to faith schools.
Usually, a separate SIF is required for those - if you want one to send you off to sleep at night, have a look at the Davenant Foundation School in Loughton :shock:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
stressedmum!

Post by stressedmum! »

Thanks for all the advice! Very helpful :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now