Waiting, waiting, waiting ........

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

Hi GGOP Thanks for the reply. Where is everyone? Last year this forum was buzzing.
My daughter is really hoping for Chelmsford, although Westcliff and Southend came a close second!! I will be pleased with a place at any one of them as I realise what an achievement this will be. I thought all three schools had their own merits.

I haven't really managed to take my mind off it. I never have liked surprises! Whilst she is bright and has recently scored very comfortable level 5s in her Mock SATS, I am fully aware most of her competition are equally as capable.

I really feel for you, it must be worse already having a child at the school and watching the other one want to follow in their footsteps. Hopefully, all will be well and you'll get the right news! Are you hoping for Colchester?

Did you apply online? Will this be your last time or have you got to go through it all again? I have just started home tutoring my son who is in year 5!
GillyGillyOxenPepper

Post by GillyGillyOxenPepper »

Hi Silver 29,

Yes we're hoping for Colchester although we do have KEGS and Westcliffe on our list too. We live in Chelmsford but just prefer the feel of Colchester and our eldest son is very happy there. As you say, all the schools have their merits.

We did apply online although in a way I feel this adds to the stress - as it will be up to us to look up the result after 9.00am on the 3rd - and I don't know how I am going to feel trying to do this! When our eldest son took the 11+ you couldn't apply online so we had no choice but to wait for the letter - I made the postman (really nice young guy) wait while I opened it - for moral support - how mad is that!

I do have (yet) another son but he is only 5 at the moment so we will have a nice long wait before going through all this again.

Is your daughter worrying about the result or is she OK?
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

My daughter is not worried at all. She takes after her Father - very laid back! I'm sure the worry will set in on Sunday 2nd but she says she is confident that she has done her best and if that wasn't good enough it's not meant to be. I hope she can hold onto that should the result not go her way. That's why I come onto this forum - it's my secret vice! I can maintain my level of normality with all those around me & vent all my worries and insecurities on this site! :oops:
rosie

Online applications

Post by rosie »

Does anybody know from experience what time of day we are likely to receive our e-mails regarding allocations on 3rd March?

Reading old posts some e-mails were not received until the afternoon!!!!
Don't think I will be sane by then.....
shah

Post by shah »

redbridge online applicants will not got an email until the 4th march? and letters wil be posted out to us on the 3rd, so we will get them god knows when? argh......
Green Fingers

Post by Green Fingers »

If I remember correctly from last year, emails were sent in the afternoon (3pm rings a bell) but I could be wrong. I made the mistake of not applying online (didn't read the instructions properly, even though this was exactly what I nagged the kids to do when they did their 11+!!) so I had to wait until the next day to get a letter. It was almost unbearable to hear that several of my daughters classmates had got their results and we still didn't know, so I sympathise with all of you who are waiting. Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you all got on.
rosie

Post by rosie »

Thanks for that, 3pm seems so late in the day but I guess we are all in the same boat!!

I was kinda hoping that we would know before the children go to school but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

I have been told it is 6pm the e-mails go out and it can take some time before you receive them due to the number of them! I believe it is that late so that you don't have some children who know before they go to school and some after.

Hopefully, in 2weeks and an hour or so we will all be put out of our misery.

I will certainly be glad when this waiting is over though.
Bwinkie
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

From people I know who were in this position last year, the results seemed to be sent alphabetically. My friend whose surname begins with A heard mid morning, whereas another friend - W - didn't hear until 9pm that night!!! :twisted: I hope they do it backwards this year.
chewy

Post by chewy »

Patience is a virtue that I never had :cry: I have to wait untill the letter arrives as I forgot to tick the email box!!!! like Green fingers I too didnt read the instructions.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now